Leveling suspension

Drayton

Reaction score

My 79 F-150 4X4 is leaning slightly to the drivers side. I am going to replace the shocks but was wondering if anyone had this problem.

Is there a leveling kit I can use or will I have to change my springs?

shadow

Reaction score
Leaning to one side front or back? Shocks will only help you they are bad. Try the bounce test. Push down on the corner that has the lean and if the truck bounces more than three times befor setteling down then I would say sure. More than likely either you hit a really big hole and bent an arm or your springs are worn out, more than likely just worn out springs due to the age of the truck. If its the back end you could also have a broke leaf or bushings.

jmabbott888

Reaction score
Not sure if shocks will help since standard shocks ( basic gas style with no strings) do not hold the truck up they only dampen the wheel travel, if you pull the shocks off the truck will still sit at the same height but will "float & roll" like a boat over bumps.

Drayton

Reaction score
Just found out that the truck has shocks (life-time warentee) that are about a year old. Don't know the brand but they look like Monroe "Yellow" shocks.

Also I tested them by pushing down on the corner and they seem ok.

Looks like I should just change the front and rear springs.

Where is a good place to order heavy-duty suspension springs? I may want to go with a 2" lift.

JDC

Banned
Reaction score
If you don't go with lifted new springs, and decide to go with stock, make sure you pull your new set off of the passenger side!!

If you go with new springs, do not buy Pro -comp!

Top Bottom