Liar, liar, pants on fire...

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I was out fishing one morning, had my poles out and sipping on a cold coke--just looking around, watching the birds sing and dance. When off to right of me, I heard the biggest splash you've ever heard. Screeching, splashing, and all sorts of racket. Going over there, I saw a bass that would make Roland Martin cry... the thing was HUGE! I tossed my minnow over there and just held on--anticipating the fight I was fixing to have before me. I watched a squirrel easing his way down a branch to get an acorn, when BOOM! the same bass jumped out of the water and got the squirrel right off the low hanging limb. They fought and struggled, but the bass soon claimed it's victory. I was shocked... I just stared in disbelief. What I saw next, would make my put my coke down. I saw that bass ease out of the water and put another acorn on that limb... swear!!!!

Next

MikeZ

Reaction score
I like it...
20 years ago or so I was fishing at Puddingstone(now Frank Bonelli I think) and I watched a dragonfly land on some weeds by shore. A big bull frog leaps over and hits the dragon fly and almost at the same time a nice bass maybe 3 pounds or so comes flying out of the water eating the frog and flopping around in about an inch of water. Almost got to him in time to grab him before he flopped back into the lake with the frog and dragon fly meal...
lets go back 30 years or so to my days following my dad around the shores of a reservoir outside Colorado springs. My dad gets a nice norhtern pike and puts it in the cloth creel. Some tim passes and we go to lift the creel only to discover the pike has slipped thru a hole we didn't know is there. We look a few feet down the shallow bank and there is the pike. Head buried in a pile of moss and he thinks he is hiding. Of course we have no net so my dad eases into the icey cold water, plunges both arms in and throws 7 pounds of flopping norhtern pike about 50 feet up on shore. It was damn funny and still makes me smile 30 years later.

One more quicky, I am fishing with a friend at puddingstone again many years back catching planted trout while trolling. First fish of the day and as I get it near the boat I ask my buddy, "do you know how to net fish?" Just then the trout jumps about 5 feet out of the water next to the boat, my spoon comes flying back at me and Mike catches the fish with the net.  

Next

Rimrock

Reaction score
Spectr,
I think I caught that same fish a few nights ago. I was using a piece of black garden hose with a size 0000 hayhook and a window sash for a sinker. Of course I released her. Tried to take her picture, but had to back off so far to get her in the view finder the flash had no effect.

Next

sportyg

Reaction score
I was out on Skinner the other night fishing from a 20' Sealion  using my fly outfit w/2# test about 1:00 AM I hooked into a stripper. He/she pulled me around the lake for the better part of 3.5 hours. When I got that fish to boat it must have been 35' long. He/she open his/her mouth and took a bite right out of that boat. Needless to say the boat sank and I had to swim to shore. All the while wondering if I was going to be the next meal !!

grizz

Reaction score
True story,  Years ago when I was @ 12 my family and some others were camping at Shasta lake.  One afternoon a couple of us kids were swimming and playing on a big log floating in the water.  I was laying on the log with my arms wraped around it when I felt something nibble on my finger.  It scared the sh!+ of me.  I put my face in the water to have a look.  A big bass was slowly swimming away.  

fowl Shooter

Reaction score
2 years ago I was fishing in a mangrove swamp with my brother in Utila Island in hondura's. We were catching snook and tarpon. My brother hooks a 90lb tarpon in about 4 feet of water it goes airborn and lands 5 feet up in a mangrove tree and is wedged between the branches and can't get down. So our guide damn the creepy crawlies and sea snakes , barefoot mind you gets out of the skiff climbs up the tree , pushes the tarpon out of the branches and it falls back in the water where it continues the fights and winds up throwing the hook. Still can't top the acorn trick though.

Top Bottom