Lifetime license

ltdann

Reaction score
Wooohooo! Lifetime license came in the mail last night. Got the digest, 5 pig tags, 1 deer tag and the license. Everything filled out and ready to go! Wish I'd done this years ago.

[attachment=51427:kneelsuckers.gif]

Attachments

ducslayer

Reaction score
I recived mine too! I just wish I could trade some pig tags back for another deer tag................Jim

superduty

Reaction score
Take note though. I love my lifetime as does everyone I know especially the ones that got it prior to the big hike in price.

The one think I found out when I moved out of state was I was no longer a resident when applying for Elk,Pronghorn,Bighorn, etc.. I have the resident hunting and added the upland game bird and big game including the one deer tag and five pig tags. But all the points I had for the others will go into the trash. I applied last year and recieved the call from DFG saying they were changing my app. and putting me in as a nonresident. I probably won't put in this year other than the deer tag.
It's a good thing my lifetime fishing lic. doesn't have any of this. Congrats on your new lic. I always got treated alittle better in the field when approached and asked to see my lic. by the wardens.

ltdann

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (superduty @ Apr 25 2008, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Take note though. I love my lifetime as does everyone I know especially the ones that got it prior to the big hike in price.

The one think I found out when I moved out of state was I was no longer a resident when applying for Elk,Pronghorn,Bighorn, etc.. I have the resident hunting and added the upland game bird and big game including the one deer tag and five pig tags. But all the points I had for the others will go into the trash. I applied last year and recieved the call from DFG saying they were changing my app. and putting me in as a nonresident. I probably won't put in this year other than the deer tag.
It's a good thing my lifetime fishing lic. doesn't have any of this. Congrats on your new lic. I always got treated alittle better in the field when approached and asked to see my lic. by the wardens.[/b]
That doesn't seem fair. I mean, the big selling point for these licenses is that your a resident FOREVER more, regardless where you live. It seems to me that should apply across the board. Is the Eric from the Wildlife Branch out there, maybe he can shed some light on that.

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (superduty @ Apr 25 2008, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

It's a good thing my lifetime fishing lic. doesn't have any of this. Congrats on your new lic. I always got treated alittle better in the field when approached and asked to see my lic. by the wardens.[/b]
Now that's a bummer right there. That would be the main reason I would buy one...if I was moving out of state.

Glass eye

Reaction score
Is the ONE non-resident elk tag guaranteed. I mean, is it set aside as a seperate draw for non-res' or are they in the same draw as residents.
If that tag is set aside it would increase your draw odds.

ltdann

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DEERSLAM @ Apr 25 2008, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (superduty @ Apr 25 2008, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now that's a bummer right there. That would be the main reason I would buy one...if I was moving out of state.
[/b][/quote]

For me it was the rising prices. I bought the lifetime last fall, figuring it would pay for itself in about ten years. This year, 5 pig tags, license and deer tag would have cost me $158 over the counter. The prices won't go down and every april I'll get my stuff in the mail, all filled in, ready to go. No running down to the game office and buying OTC, and then complaining about the price increase. It's done, for as long as I can hunt.

fpscabs

Reaction score
Congrats on your Lifetime Lic. #1 son got his on Saturday, I got mine yesterday.

SuperDuty I thought, as was stated, that the Lifetime Lic. allowed you to be a 'resident' even if you moved. The gal years ago told me that when I got licenses for my boys.

I have to check on something for #2 son at the lifetime office. I will ask about this issue.

fpscabs

Reaction score
Superduty I did not realize that aspect for the other big game draws. At least you still have your pig tags and one deer lic.
The lady at the office confirmed what you said. I did not realize that issue. I thought like you did.

HOGHUNTER714

Reaction score
Since moving to Nevada, I am KICKING myself in the behind for not getting a lifetime license before I left. Now. I have to pay the big bucks to hunt hogs in Cali.....sucks, but its my own fault....

WildlifeBranch

Reaction score
I don't know how the decisions were made, but page 2 of the app says if you move out of state you are a non-resident as it relates to tags.

lifetime app

Several of our guys buy them before they retire and plan to move out of state, but intend to come back for some hunting.

eric

superduty

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong guys. I am very happy and proud to be able to perticipate in California's lifetime lic. program. I understand what was explained to me last year. Not saying I was happy with it but I understand. I will always be considerd a resident when it comes to my regular lic with upland game bird stamp and State duck stamp. I will always get my resident pig tags and one deer tag but as far as other big game I would have to put in the draw as a nonresident and pay nonresident fees if I draw a tag. It sucks I'm going to lose all my points on those tag opportunities but there's nothing I can do. I just thought I would share some of my learning experience with you all so you don't spend the exhausting learning curve for yourself if you put in for those tags as a resident and find out different later. I do have to give Kudos to DFG for contacting me and working with me to get me into the nonresident draw on my choices last year over the phone. I won't be putting in this year because of the prices I would have to pay as a nonresident.

Mapletree

Reaction score
Hey, there are other Lifetime License too, unless this is just a California Forum, (LOL). I've had one for three years, ever since I turned 65.
Back the it cost me $200.00, now a days, I believe it to be $270.00. I would say it's still a good deal around here.
I expect yours will go up too very soon. It covers everything but the Federal Stamps needed for fowl. Still must buy a trout stamp.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Lifetime License was one of the best investments I've made. Got in before the pig tag fiasco and price increases, and am now set for a deer tag and five pig tags every year, as well as all the other hunting I do.

I have one in my home state of NC as well. Definitely makes it easier (and cheaper) when I go home to hunt or fish.

scottymack

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Speckmisser @ Apr 29 2008, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have one in my home state of NC as well. Definitely makes it easier (and cheaper) when I go home to hunt or fish.[/b]
What part of NC are you from? Even for Non-Residents deer last year was 80.00 for 6 deer.

I need to get my Lifetime, I keep putting it off but as I get older I lookat how much I spend a year.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
ScottyMack, I'm from down near Wrightsville Beach. My folks have a little farm over on the Cape Fear now, in Castle Hayne.

I can't remember how much I paid to hunt last time before I got my NC lifetime, but it was a lot of money to spend six hours freezing in a tree stand.

I don't currently plan to leave CA, but if I do, it's nice to know I can come back to pig hunt in my favorite places.

Oh, as far as losing resident status for elk and such (actually, I only put in for elk), the heck with it? There's MUCH better elk hunting in CO, ID, and MT, and I don't have to wait a lifetime or longer to draw a tag. Personally, I don't think I'd miss the points.

bobby7321

Reaction score
to those who have lifetime licenses:

when you received your license and book, etc.. did they include the labels/stickers? I received everything just fine (pig tags, 1st deer app), except the sheet with the stickers. And those are handy!

ltdann

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bobby7321 @ Apr 30 2008, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
to those who have lifetime licenses:

when you received your license and book, etc.. did they include the labels/stickers? I received everything just fine (pig tags, 1st deer app), except the sheet with the stickers. And those are handy![/b]
Not sure what you mean. The tags were pre filled out, the deer app had adress labels on them. is that what you mean?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom