Light and Temp Controller Kits

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
I got my latest catalog from Marlin P Jones today and they have some kits in there that some of you may be interested in.  First, they have a temperature controller kit for $7.75.  This kit uses all solid state electronics and can easly be connected to a relay to put in series with you camera leads.  This kit holds the relay closed until the themperature rises to the adjustable set point, and then it opens.  6-15VDC operation.   The part number is 5289-RB.  However, only the catalog has a picture of it with the specs.  The website just has the price and a brief summery of it.  

Also, they sell a light controller kit for $7.95 that works in much the same way.  It holds the relay contacts closed until the light level rises to the adjustable set point.  Some of you may want to use this board to turn the camera off at night so it does not get stolen due to the flash being seen.  Anyway, MPJA is a great supplier of suplus electronics and kits and I highly recommend it to you guys.  I'm like a kid a Christmas time when I get their catalog.  

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Hi dharter - Those kind of circuits will run down your battery for sure, but I have a diagram on Page 6 of my WebSite that will only use these circuits to sample the sensor. Then turn it off while waiting for the PIR to trigger it again for another sampling of the sensor. If you are getting a lot of false triggers then my night only is the ticket. It had me stumped for a while because of battery drain, but double relays did the trick.

(Edited by Richard Webb at 11:32 am on Aug. 19, 2001)

Top Bottom