Likely tables 30-30AI handgun Antelope

ABSHUNTS

Reaction score
California special draw antelope season started yesterday. It also ended yesterday, for me. I was determined to use my Contender handgun in 30-30 AI. It worked out perfectly. From the juniper I picked out while scouting, I spotted this guy and his friend about 500yds. out in the flats. With other cows around, I figured it was time to try out "Molly", my home made cow decoy. She worked fantastic. With the rising sun directly behind me, I was able to slowly work within 125 yds. for a perfect quartering toward shot. He ran about 30yds., gave a short "drunkin sailor" wobble, and dropped. I told my wife I was going to shoot a small one just to prevent another taxidermy bill, LOL. Actually, he just happened to give me a perfect situation and I wasn't about to pass it up.
Not sure what's up with the picture upload. I tried several times in different ways and can't get it to work. I will keep at it. Anyway, he isn't a big buck. I shot him thinking he was maybe a two year old, but after looking at his gnarly horns, it looks like he is an older buck that had his horns damaged during this years growing cycle. Whatever the case, I was one happy hunter.

scottmarine

Reaction score
Congrats that's awesome! Great story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABSHUNTS

Reaction score
OK - Is anybody else having trouble downloading pictures? I have downloaded pics in the past but nothing I try seems to work now. Any suggestions?

TheGDog

Reaction score
Post the pics into a photobucket account and then post the photobucket link here.

ABSHUNTS

Reaction score
This is the last thing my antelope saw before I ruined his day
http://

Last edited:

inchr48

Reaction score
Nice job stalking for the shot! I killed a decent Whitetail Buck with my Contender in 44 mag.

Planetcat

Reaction score
Great speed goat, Darren and congratulations. You are on a roll this season already. :)

Top Bottom