Limits in 2 hours. late report

Fredezee

Reaction score
Let me wake up this thread. Took the day off Monday to put new tires on my truck. Needed new treads for the upcoming season. Went with Wrangler Duratracs. Anyways, I just really wanted to go fishing. Been itching to test the waters for some stripers. 1030 and I was out of Americas tires and on my way home to get my gear.
Told myself that its still early so I better hit my best honey hole up. Loaded up my bike and trailer, hit the bait shop and off I go!
Get to my spot, but my honey hole is 6 miles away. Loaded up the bike trailer and off I go! Get to the spot and a gentleman was on his way out already. A quick chat and man got his limit in a couple hours.
Wasted no time setting up both rods and started fishing hard. Cut anchovies for bait on one rod and lures on the other. Nonstop action on both rods! Alright! Battled through a couple shakers and the 3rd fish was a keeper. 18.5 on the dot. Nice! Kept on fishing weeding through shakers. Nothing was smaller than 16 inches. about an hour and a half later, my PENN Liveliner bait rod starts screaming! Set the hook for a nice battle and landed a 20 incher keeper! Awesome! Limited out in about 2 hours myself.
I was a bit upset though. I still wanted to fish lol. But I looked off to the west and could see the first of this weeks storm rollin in. Time to load up the bike and 6 miles back to my truck. Perfect timing too. Soon as I got to my truck, rain was beginning to fall.
Made it home safely and started filleting my bass. I don't gut them. I fillet along the back and whole tail. I don't bother with the belly. Easy filleting and I was soon seasoning my fish for the Fryer. My was super happy, striper is her favorite fish for eating.
20180312_150056.jpg

Fredezee

Reaction score
if you recognize the spot, please keep it to yourself lol

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Nice, haven’t fished strippers since I left cali, one of my wife’s favorite fish to eat too, thnx for sharing!.......tra

JustGuy

Banned
Reaction score
Yea, i think i know the spot, used to fish there when i was after striper.
Shakers can be really annoying there, it is true
Nice fish, congrats.

Fredezee

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. yeah this is the 2nd year with the trailer. makes the long ride with all my gear a lot easier. fastened PVC pipe to hold my rods during the ride. I'm loving it!

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
How bout a picture of the trailer, got me interested, There's a couple great spots I know of but the road in gated off and closed now and its a 5 plus mile to the spot. that would really do well with the grand kids, get out and away with marching

Fredezee

Reaction score
I got it at home. Nut le me see if I can find it on ebay again. That is where I ordered it from.

Fredezee

Reaction score
Screenshot_20180315-113109.jpg
This is exactly the one I got. Shop around, I got it for 85 with free shipping. There are some very simliar models but I am sure the are all about the same. I'll post a pic when I get to show the PVC pipe attachments for my rods.

JustGuy

Banned
Reaction score
I used a children trailer carrier. Sometimes they popup free on craigslist.
Little mod gets you long ways

939303_Solo-RED-on-Bike_2000px.jpg

Last edited:

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
With those prices I wouldn't pay to make it your self, very cool like the Cargo one

Latest Posts

Top Bottom