Little advise

g-hog

Reaction score
OK guys I have my 380 wired up with the phone cord. Now gotta check and see if it is a standard or reverse cable (thanks Texastrophy for the heads up on a different post. I looked all over that website a week or so ago and then searched the archives here looking for a color code..I finally went with the standard wiring method not knowing there could be a different cable in there)...Anyway

Just curious as to which pelican (or other) case is best. I want to run the 380 off of external batterys (4 C's most likely) and will be running the pic U rss off of 4AA's if it gets the 5 months like the site says. If I should go with c's on this please jump in and let me know. I will not be adding a slave flash for this camera as Jon still has bigger issues to deal with. Which brings me to my next question

IS anyone using the flash enhancer? Does it improve the flash enough to worry with it.

Now someone refresh my memory on what size UV lens I need for the camera. I can't remember 35, 37mm ????

That should be good for now. Thanks

GHog

flyer05

Reaction score
I run my 380 without the a slave or enhancer right now and I am happy with it. I do have it hanging over a feeder though about 15' away.

Attachments

Ocmulgee Ogre

Reaction score
Ghog,
I think the smallest case you'll be able to squeeze into is a Pelican 1120. If you didn't want to have external power to the cam, you could fit it into a Pelican 1060.

I started using the flash enhancer on my 380s and I notice a difference in long range shots.

I use 30 mm UV filters. It's very little room between the lense and flash openings if you use the 37mm and the flash enhancer.

PaPaBob

Reaction score
I use a Pelical 1060 case to house the D-380, RSS board, and two 4 C-cell(2x2) battery holders. Now your setup would have a smaller battery holder for the 4 AA-cell(2x2) and your board is smaller being the Universal Board. This gives you more room. I usually don't use the Flash Enhancer. I use a 1.5" x 1/116" rubber washer with a 1" hold cut in the middle as a flash gasket. The following pictures display the setup.

When I need to use the Flash Enhancer I cut one in a rectangular shape and just snap it into the opening in the case from the outside. I make it a slightly snug fit so that it holds itself. Works fine and gives me extended flash when I need it depending upon the individual setup in the field.

Attachments

PaPaBob

Reaction score
You can see additional pictures of this setup by following the link below in my signature.

Good luck.

Top Bottom