Little Tominator is hooked!

Tominator

Reaction score
I took the little man with me tuesday morning and it was awesome. The weather had been rough for the past 3 nights so the birds were raring to go and gobbled like crazy for us. Called in 5 longbeards together to within 45 yds. The one strutting had my attention and I was waiting on him to close the distance some before I shot. I asked my new hunting buddy if he could see him strutting and he said "yeah, and I can see these 2 over here too" That's when the paniced look come over me and I turned my head slowly to spy 2 toms standing upright 25 yds to my right looking for the hen they heard. They were facing me and I couldn't see their beards against their black breasts so I figured they were jakes and kept my attention on the strutter. They went behind a tree and stayed out of sight for about 30 seconds but I never repositioned since I thought they were jakes. When they came out from behind the tree I saw the beards. They headed towards the tom I had the gun on and went behind him. He turned and followed them around the base of the finger ridge we were on. When they walked around the ridge they were single single file and the 2 that were just out of sight over the ridge joined them and all five had 8-9" beards.
We then went to another spot and had 2 toms and 12 hens parade by at about 100 yds paying us no attention whatsoever. The coolest part about that deal was that little tominator got to see a mostly white hen on his first hunt!
Needless to say he's hooked and going wild waiting to get to go again!
Tominator

trkyhntr

Reaction score
Great story Tominator! Sounds like you and your son had a great time.You have a hunting partner for life now.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Your boy will never forget that fun Tominator. I still vivdly remember seeing my first turkey and hearing my first gobbler as a kid. All I can still say is WOWW!!!!

LUV2HUNT

Reaction score
Similar story.  I took my daughter for the first time last monday.  The weathether was rainy and she was getting really discouraged as they just weren't gobbling.  As we were heading to the truck the rain let up a bit and we heard a hen.  We decided to sit and listen on a ridgetop where we caught a glimps of 4 Toms.  She was sooo exited.  We couldn't get them to come any closer, but I'm just glad that she had the opportunity to see her 1st wild turkey.
I Share in your exitement!!!!!!!

(Edited by LUV2HUNT at 10:37 am on April 5, 2002)

Tominator

Reaction score
Truly an awesome experience and welcome aboard L2H!
Tominator

Possum

Reaction score
Sounds great.  I'm glad he got to see the show.

killinturks

Reaction score
pretty cool. my girlfriend has 2 kids and they love hunting. her son went on his first hunt at his dads farm this year,saw alot of birds but didnt get one closer than 50 yards so noshot opportunities but he had a great time.

Lankyman

Reaction score
Tominator,

Next year just make sure you have a vest full of "The Creme Pies" & they'll just run over you.  Glad you got a new huntin' buddy.  Just watch out for "The Black Stuff."

Top Bottom