Live Deer CAM

ghoot

Reaction score
http://www.smokybendranch.com/
I know what I'll be doing in the morning. :surprised-purple:

I am thinking about doing this at my house, but I only have a phone line connection.  Doubt it would work very good being that slow.

vman

Reaction score
Hows this work?  What kind of web cam?  

Gus

Reaction score
I have that site on my bookmarks.  I have seen several large bucks around that feeder and at night the racoons come and have their share of the corn as well.  

ghoot

Reaction score
vman,
I assume that it's a wireless webcam, but I don't think they have a very long range...maybe 300-700 ft or so.  I saw one here http://www.stardot-tech.com/ that allows a cable up to 5000' long (almost a mile)!  This would work great for me and some of the other  guys here that hunt in their back yard.  I'm sure that there are cheaper ones out there, but I haven't investigated it too much.  I was thinking that if I set one up I'll have it take a picture every 5-10 minutes and then I don't have to be at my computer watching and I can scroll through the pics when I have time.  It would be easy to wright a little Visual Basic program that would open each pic for about a second so it wouldn't be too bad going back through the pics to find the good ones.
ghoot

gtk

Reaction score
If I had a spare 400 - 500 bucks laying around, I would love to do that...

SouthernStyle

Reaction score
Hey gtk, where in N. MS are you located?  You have some great cam pics on your site.  Did ya nail the big one yet?

Scott

vman

Reaction score
Man I need to try this.  I live in the country and have a large track of timber behind my house.  I could easily set one up to watch my clover patch.  Something to think about.

gtk

Reaction score
SouthernSytle... I'm from Olive Branch...   I never did get that big deer, but I heard someone else got him... i hunted that deer hard, tooo

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom