LOBDELL LAKE TROUT

slanttop357

Reaction score
Just woundering has anybody ventured up to Lobdell lake lately iam going up for a week up in that area just dont want to drive the long dirt road for nothing, if the fish are in thair i will do some deer scouting on the way up and down, thanks :)

slanttop357

Reaction score
Steve thank you again very good info, i went last year but no trout, boy that is one nice hunt cabin up thair wish it was mine, i will fish the twin and creeks maybe east walker i will take lots of deer pix and post them when i return. :)

Orygun

Reaction score
There are some impressive claw marks on trees just down the road from that cabin.

You can find fish in the creek next Lobdell. They run about 3-5 inches.

VHRAM

Reaction score
Last time I was there there was very little water in it, I would guess any remaining water would have froze during the winters.

gundogtrainer

Reaction score
Their are trout and grayling in the lake and the stream below the dam. The fish are very spooky, worms with disolving sinkers work best. I dont Know how the fish servive the winters with so little water, but they do. I have caught trout and grayling over 2 pounds in the lake. Lots of big bears up their, dfg relocates a lot of bears up thier.

Schoettgen

Reaction score
Orygun is correct, just little brookies in the creek. The lake is dead. I can't remember how long it has been since we had grayling in their but I miss the little guys. BTW Fish and game does not reloctate bears. Problem bears die.

gundogtrainer

Reaction score
I have caught several browns in lobdell lake in the past few years some over 2 pounds. If they dont relocate bears how are the bear getting collars

Schoettgen

Reaction score
I have caught several browns in lobdell lake in the past few years some over 2 pounds. If they dont relocate bears how are the bear getting collars
The Hornocker institute was collaring bears for the National Park Service (Yosemite). They like the collars back if you kill one, but you can keep the ear tags. As to Lobdell, I was up there just the other day and you could almost "spit" across that pond. I will have to take a closer look at what is left of those waters the next time.

Schoettgen

Reaction score
I just wanted to follow up on this. I was at lobdel about a week and a half ago and the "lake" was probably 60 yards wide and about 150 yards long. I could see bottom even out in the middle. I would be amazed if it didn't freeze solid in the winter.

Top Bottom