Located me a Booner for Bow season

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
I lost my hunting spot last year that I hunted for alot of years, and was forced to find new ground for this years Bow season. I scouted alot of properties and searched alot of areas before I found something I liked. Nice part is Its 2 Minutes from my house. Its funny how you live somewhere for 3 years and dont really get to Know the surrounding areas and who owns what. Well I was forced to find new ground, so started to really pay attention, turns out I have some sweet ground just a few short minutes rom my house.

I have scouted this area pretty hard. approx 200 hours.
Its a tough area to hunt, No funnels or natural draws, Like I am used to, It has several VERY large overgrown fields within the property field with briars, sumac, and small berry producing foilage approx 4-7 feet tall. this is where there bedding. No trees within it, tough for me since I like to hunt bedding areas. so will need to learn trails entering and exiting, which I have been doing.

Feed is everywhere, there is a VERYYY heavy supply of natural apple tree some regular eating size and all sorts of browse. theres a Highway that broders the property and on the other side is 150 acre standing crop fields filled with Corn this year, last year was soybean. alternates every year. so food Is plentiful.

I have been running 6 Game Cams in this area now for about 2 1/2 weeks to scout the areas trails and get a feel. I have seen while walking the area some Good Bucks. 1 Of which is pushing Booner status. They have eluded my cams , But I have been fortunate to catch 4 P&Y Bucks on the Cams.

A Large Buck I have seen 2x now has been bedding in these high overgrown fields by day. I have pushed him 2x now and got a real good look at him 1 week ago. he is a perfect 10 Point with no garbage. The last time I saw him I saw him from front,back and sides He is Pushing 30-32" at the widest point and comes in VERY lil, his Inside spread is approx 26" he is a 5x5 and very lil deductions. Im guessing him from last I saw him at 175" gross. From the sides he is past his Nose by approx 3" to 4". I have his main beams at 28" each side

He lacks tine length still but is still growing His main beams are done, but G2',G3's and G4's are still adding there still dark black and balled on the tips, whereas the others are now pointed and brownish velvet in color. I expect his tines to reach 12-14" when done, on his G2's and G3's Im guessing there ar 9-11" now.. His eyegaurds are around 6" when he is done Im thinking he will go 180-190 Inches gross. a Booner hands down.

I got a real Crappy picture of him the other day, out alonggg ways about 75-80 feet. You can see the onse side somewhat but loose the other side in the branches but can see parts of it. On my original its much easier to see, But I wll try anyhow.

I am not sure why i got him so far, he was cutting across the cam and I should have gotten him closer, but got this one pic only. Its tough to see so I blew it up a lil, But loose quality fast. But I know its him from seeing him in the past.

I hope to get some better pics and will sahre them if I do... I am putting together a Pic list on my webshots in next few days of some of the Bucks I have been getting. I have alot of Deer out to the ears, But only about a dozen past there ears. will sahre them soon.

Here is One I am placing on my Hit list come this Fall... Im Hopeful to get a chance and personally ventilate him and ground score and age this Deer this Upcoming Bow season...

Attachments

MIbuckdropper

Reaction score
beautiful buck...at the top of the hit list. Hope you get him. Keep us updated on the pics

Lan-Lord

Reaction score
Awesome Dan, my radar has been out for your posts ever since you displayed all of those awesome animals from your bow stand last year. And the amount of hours that you put in on the stand is unbelievable. Good luck and stay safe, I wanna see the after picture

WBPruett

Reaction score
OhioBowHunter,

Your scouting is first class. Most folks want to kill a big deer without finding one first. You have located him and stay on the job - you will get a pic before cam time is over.

Any other forum users should read your post closely to get a sense of your committment. I am looking forward to seeing the after pics later this season.

Good Luck.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom