Long time no be here...

scoobysteve

Reaction score
Hey all, I've been away all summer, now time to get back in the swing. looks as if there are several newbies and lots of new things happening.

Question: I was checking out the new Pix Controller Universal board. It talks about the board being capable of horizontal or vertical mounting. Does this mean one can mount it flat in the enclosure without having to reposition the sensor?

looks like a great board. Lots smaller too. Glad ol haymaker did that. Great job haymaker!!!!!

What's up Bat????

bat

Reaction score
Hey Steve, glad to see you! What that means is it is just like the older boards but you can turn them 90* if you need to. Still will be vertical. Post us some pictures I know you are getting some by now.
bat

jqcargle

Reaction score
My question is how do you adjust the pot and dip switches they are in a different angle which will make it hard to reach once board is mounted in either direction.

jayber

Reaction score
There was only one way I could orient the board (in a 1040 case) and still have access to the DIPs & POT......towards the inside. I already had the camera mounted before the board arrived and was hoping to have the board below my camera, but that wouldn't have left any room to maneuver. I looked at having the DIPs & POT towards the outside edge of the case (in either direction), but that didn't leave any room for the PIR lens. I'm sure there's a good reason for having those two components oriented the way they are, but I sure preferred them the other/old way for my setups!

Attachments

jqcargle

Reaction score
That's a cool way of mounting it and still having access. May have to reconsider my thoughts on mounting mine.

Thought of something else how do you wire your camera in this setup?

jayber

Reaction score
That was another hurdle I had to overcome. I went to a hobby shop where they sell RC cars and bought a servo extension. I cut the extension in half and used one side for the camera and for the other, I soldered the wires directly to the board pads. I didn't have enough room to use the other connector means (phone cord & stereo plugs).

pocomoke

Reaction score
I have not ordered my new boards yet but I made a post weeks before the new boards came out that it looked like the dip switch and pot locations were going to be a nusiance.Once I get my new boards I will let ya know if I come up with any mounting ideas.I like to put mine in a hobby box but not sure how that is going to work.Bill can we go back to the old way...

mongoose

Reaction score
Jayber...what are you using for the standoffs? I have looked everywhere for the .875 to 1 inch metal hex standoffs. Now I got to come up with another method. For some reason I thought the new universal board came with mounting hardware.

jayber

Reaction score
Harleydavidone,
Yes, one can still get the batteries and card out in the configuration shown. The battery/card door can drop down and below the board to gain access, another reason the board is placed where it is. The camera is mounted to a L-bracket via the tripod hole and there is foam behind it near the right end. If the camera is rotated, the batteries can slip out and over top of the board. The foam also pushes the camera towards the lid when shut.

Mongoose,
I'm using nylon screws that I found at a hardware store. There is a nut below the board to set the proper height and a nut on top to fasten things down.

scoobysteve

Reaction score
Looks good jayber. How difficult was it to modify that cam?

Hey Bat, missed you when I went to Atlanta in June. Great place to go, had a blast even though the Braves lost.

No photos yet, been too busy working to put any cams out.

looking at this new board, Want to give it a shot.

jayber

Reaction score
I found the P41 to be a little less complicated than the P32. That may be because I wound up having replace part of my rear cover on my P32 when I tore one of the ribbons. Anyway, I used the flat flex cable from Haymaker and soldered my servo wires to it. Modified the camera slightly to bring the wires out, glued the servo connector on, and I was in business.

KANSASBUCKHUNTER

Reaction score
Can you show a pic of the connector coming out of the camera? I have a 41 and would like to just have a connector on it, rather than wires coming out of it.

g-hog

Reaction score
Scooby, Welcome back. Hope all is well. I just got one of the universal cards myself but haven't started the mods yet, never enough time for everything I need to do. Give me a shout sometime. You know Mels is still open

GHog

jayber

Reaction score
KANSASBUCKHUNTER,

I believe you're addressing your request towards me and I'll snap a pic and post something later this evening.

jayber

Reaction score
Here are some pics showing the servo connector on my P41. I notched the cover slightly at the split line in order to bring the wires out, then glued the connector on the bottom.

Attachments

KANSASBUCKHUNTER

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. Where do you get those little connectors? That would be prefect for my setups.

theck

Reaction score
You can use ice maker tubing for standoffs and cut them whatever size you want easily. You can get 3 feet for a couple dollars or less.

flyer05

Reaction score
Nice work jayber. Was there any room in the 41 to do the connector that folks are using for the 32's ??. I just picked up a 41 and am getting the pieces together (slowly)

jayber

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Where do you get those little connectors?[/b]
As stated earlier:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I went to a hobby shop where they sell RC cars and bought a servo extension. I cut the extension in half and used one side for the camera and for the other, I soldered the wires directly to the board pads.[/b]
Flyer05,
I'm not positive what P32 connector you're referring to that people are using (?). But, if you're talking about the small Mouser 4-pin block with male connector, I gave it a try on my P32 and didn't care for it much. So, I can't say for sure if it would fit in a P41.

Top Bottom