Looking for a few acres

MOHunter

Reaction score
Fellow Missourians,

I've been looking for a few acreas (approx. 20) near the Wentzville/Troy area to build a house on.  I would love to be able to get away from the city where I could have a pond and lots of grass to mow.

I recently talked with a real estate agent in Wentzville....they want about $11,000 per acre.  I want farmland....approx. $1000 to $3000 per acre.

We would love to buy a small farm with an old house etc. and possibly rebuild in the future.  Anyone have a small farm they want to sell?

MOHunter

StringShooter

Reaction score
I was going to say, before reading what your real estate agent said, that around $8000 in that area is a good deal. Anywhere in the Flint Hill, Josephville or the area just to the north of I-70 and along HWY 40-61 is going to be high priced. The further north you go along HWY 61, north of Troy should be gettng cheaper (for the time being).

I have been keeping my eye out too as I want to move to Flint Hill or Josephville area when I retire in 5 years. Buying a house in the area and your looking at anywhere from 8 to 12 grand an acre. I plan on getting about 5 acres and I will be paying for it indeed.

gwhunter69

Reaction score
http://www.realtor.com

I have been thinking about buying 20+ acres out of state myself for hunting purposes.  I have found http://www.realtor.com to be very useful in finding properties for sale.  A friend swears that Missouri has the best deer hunting any where, BUT where would be a good place to buy a place?

MOHunter

Reaction score
gwhunter69,

Naw....the hunting is bad in Missouri.  You don't want to live here. :)

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 We have Deer in Missouri?? im blown away,flabbergasted.ive never seen anything but possums:rofl    

Top Bottom