Looking for a gunsmith in the I.E.

Farmerdoug

Reaction score
A have a really nice old sporterized mauser chambered in 30-06. The guy who I bought it from 10 years ago never quite finished it. I have shot it many times and even taken a hanful of deer with it. Problem is, the darn thing can hold a decent group. I have even let a few friends try dialing it in and even they can't make it work. So, looking at it, I think it's in desperate need of crown work and possibly the barrel/stock floated. I am looking for somebody to do it for a resonable price. Hopefully somebody located in the I.E. Thanks

MarinePMI

Reaction score
That's pretty basic gunwork, so any 'smith worth his weight in salt could handle that for you. IIRC, there used to ba little gun shop in Moreno Valley, not too far off the 215...

Here's a link for I.E. (Inland Empire, right?) gunsmiths/gun shops around Moreno Valley...

Moreno Valley Guns | Gunsmiths in Moreno Valley, CA

Farmerdoug

Reaction score
MarinePMI, Thanks for the link. Really appreciate it!

lifesgood

Reaction score
Here's a guy I highly recommend it, Grunning Gunsmith or his partner Dan at Merlyn Rifleworks, they work as a team. Home Page or Merlyn Rifleworks
I live in the Pasadena area, but rather drive an hour to get my rifles done right, but don't expect to get anything done quick. They really want to get the job done right and precise. I have my rifle built from the ground up and have a couple of re-chamber rifles. Good Luck......

Top Bottom