Mentor Wanted Looking for Deer or Bear Hunting Partner in X10 or D8 for 2015 (could be a newbe)

bdent

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am looking for some one, (or a party,) to go Bear or Deer hunting within the X10 or D8 zones in the beginning of the season for 2015. I have a Bear Tag; and a Dear tag for each of theses zones and I would expect repliers to have at least one too. I would go alone but that would cause a REAL BIG issue with my wife. This will be my first hunting adventure.

I would like to meet at one of the local shooting ranges; Oak Tree, or Angelus or A Place to Shoot, some Saturday or Sunday morning, soon. I plan to go to Angelus Saterday Aug 1st, to break in my new rifle and dial in my new scope.

I live outside of the San Fernando Valley, have been shooting for a while but never thought of hunting till my last back packing trip in the X9A zone, where I met a hunter that got a Buck his first day out. My dad had hunted in this area 50 years ago too.

So if you have one of the tags and want to take on a partner, let me know about your experience, (or lack there of) and let’s talk about meeting at the range.

bdent:JHO rocks:

Last edited:

DRPhorse

Reaction score
Hi
I drew an x10 deer tag and got a bear tag. I know what you mean about the wife having an issue about going a lone. I just talked my wife in to letting me go by my self this year. I don't know anyone that hunts around here. Good luck on your hunt.

Rondore

Reaction score
I am heading up to X10 this weekend to scout for the A19 archery hunt upcoming. <br><br>Going up high and see if I can find a some good bucks. It will also show me what kind of shape I am really in :)

bdent

Reaction score
Hi
I drew an x10 deer tag and got a bear tag. I know what you mean about the wife having an issue about going a lone. I just talked my wife in to letting me go by my self this year. I don't know anyone that hunts around here. Good luck on your hunt.
Hay DRP,

No way my wife's gonna change her mind. I'd rather go alone. But it's nice to have someone there too. On the other hand, Last time out, I brought some one with me and he took off by himself without any word otherwise. Luckily he came back before night fall. but I was still very concerned.

Bdent

bdent

Reaction score
I am heading up to X10 this weekend to scout for the A19 archery hunt upcoming. <br><br>Going up high and see if I can find a some good bucks. It will also show me what kind of shape I am really in :)
Good luck and leave a few around for me eh?

Bdent

DRPhorse

Reaction score
Not sure if you're still on here. I was just curious if you had any luck last year finding someone to hunt with and filling your tags?

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
I can promise you one thing, nothing is free. You must either earn respect and prove yourself worthy of being taught or pay a guide. Nobody is going to take a noob out just because they ask. Same goes for accessing private property. You pitch in, work, make yourself useful and in return you may be granted trespassing rights. Too many people think all they have to do is ask "So who is taking me hog hunting?" without doing anything to deserve the trip. It gets boring. There are plenty of good hunters here who have and will continue to take noobs hunting and show em the ropes but if you display a sense of entitlement about it you will be waiting a very long time or be advised to to pay a guide or hunt a fenced operation. There are a lot of people seeking hunting partners...be worthy of the privilege.

Last edited:

JustGuy

Banned
Reaction score
I can promise you one thing, nothing is free. . Nobody is going to take a noob out just because they ask. Same goes for accessing private property.
I take 1 or 2 noobs every year to my private property to put them on their first buck. So does my friend (he is not active on JHO) who takes every year 5-6 noobs to public land for the same reason. No money ever being charged, and usually he pays for gas.

You are absolutely right, i'm not sitting and waiting for someone to pop up and do me a favor of offering to take him for his first hunt. It is usually someone whom i know in person.
Besides i give him a an opportunity, i'm concerned about the safety. I observe a person how he handles guns and than decide if i wand him to be around me with a loaded gun and full of adrenaline.

Only ones i offered a noob from the forum without knowing him personally to hunt with me.

Last edited:

Top Bottom