Mentor Wanted Looking for Pigs in Kern County

Quix

Reaction score
I was checking when my season opens for B zone, and came across the part of the Big Game Digest about the top 15 counties that have pigs. My county of Kern has the best average for the last three years. I would love to get on to some pigs. I do not have the money to go to the Ranches that you have to pay for to get on or the clubs that you have to pay $3000 dollars to be apart of. I have been hunting for the past two years. I still have a lot to learn. I have never gotten any big game. I have had some luck with dove and quail. Thank you for your time.

scottmarine

Reaction score
99% of those pigs in kern county come from tejon ranch
That and people are tight lipped about public land spots cause they are few and far between. On the website they say Carizzo Plains but never hunted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisAMX

Reaction score
That and people are tight lipped about public land spots cause they are few and far between. On the website they say Carizzo Plains but never hunted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hunted both the Kern Side and the SLO side. Saw nothing on both. Locals told me that its a hard hike into SLO side to find any. Drought taken toll on Kern side and a guy I know that has taken them there hasn't seen any in a couple of years.

KTKT70

Reaction score
It's safe to say large numbers in the county come from more than one ranch. Lots and lots of private land around here. Like others say. If people know of public land, they are not telling anyone.

I have limited pig info for kern and just keep my ear to the ground. Good news is the pigs are all over. Just have to get to them. That's the million dollar trick.

Quix

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I will have to try that Carizzo Plains. I figured that a good number of the average was counting Tejon Ranch. They are really proud of their animals. Thanks again.

jrappyo

Reaction score
I was able to get out on a ranch near springville. Would love to get out on public lands, let me know if you heading out anytime soon. I would be down to cruise out as well.

quaildeath

Reaction score
Regarding Carizzo, for years the rumors where they work their way down from central and NorCal only during heavy rains. Otherwise that area is generally a desert.
Rumors of coming dead on with some pigs coming around the corner of remote box canyons while quail hunting. The only way out is through you.... read/heard some scary stories. If you use the search function on here you may find some more info.

These are not my rumors btw :)

Stevehazard

Reaction score
This was an old thread that got bumped.
I think a lot of people that hunt Carrizo try to hunt the wrong areas.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom