Looking for raw skulls / carcasses

Zanglo

Reaction score
If anyone has any raw skulls of any kind I’m interested. Let me know before you throw them away or leave them in the field. Coyotes raccoons bobcats deer, domestics or roadkill. I’m also wanting do any mounts, for free, just pay shipping / materials or drop it off in menifee, always love meeting new people.

canamrider07

Reaction score
The last few hogs I shot the skulls were left intact and pretty clean after a week or so out where I left them. I just silicone the teeth together and wire the jaw to the skull to hang outside. Next time I get a good skull I'll send it out and have you do it.
GOPR4841.JPG

Zanglo

Reaction score
Hog skulls are greasy, if you wanted I could degrease the ones you already have and make them shine white

canamrider07

Reaction score
I'll let these dry out but I'll send you the next big one I get. Thanks. I found a nice bull's skull with some cut horns out in a pasture, it was full of ants but I put it up in a tree so I could find it the next time out. If it is in good condition I will send it.

blazintowers

Reaction score
that's a sweet offer Zanglo! If I come across something or get lucky I will definitely get in touch.

Bigolwiggler

Reaction score
Dog gone it ..... I am ,mascerating last years Bear skull.... The wife is complaining about the smell even though its 100 ft from the house . It was pretty nasty changing the water today . You could probably talk me out of that skull at this point . She aint happy .... I aint happy ...... but I doubt if the Post Office would be very happy with it at this point ....... I dont want to throw it away but I almost did today ..... Its pretty dern nasty ........ Talk me into keeping it ...... Its a pretty cool skull.

BOW

Zanglo

Reaction score
Dog gone it ..... I am ,mascerating last years Bear skull.... The wife is complaining about the smell even though its 100 ft from the house . It was pretty nasty changing the water today . You could probably talk me out of that skull at this point . She aint happy .... I aint happy ...... but I doubt if the Post Office would be very happy with it at this point ....... I dont want to throw it away but I almost did today ..... Its pretty dern nasty ........ Talk me into keeping it ...... Its a pretty cool skull.

BOW
I’m macerating 5 skulls right now haha. I usually clean fresh skulls with a power washer and a hot plate but these are all dead heads and road kill, so they need to be hydrated. I did a pig skull fresh and it was the stinkiest thing I think in my memory.

if you have the stomach for it, here’s the best way to send it. I’ve done it this way with some dead heads on a drive from Vancouver Washington to San Diego and didn’t have to smell it inside the car.

I would take it out and let it dry for a few hours, after really rinsing it off, make sure you don’t lose any of the teeth when you are hosing it down.

If your wife will let you freeze it that would be best. I would double trash bag it of course before putting it in there.

if she doesn’t- mine sure wouldn’t - try and draw some moisture out. Cat litter or saw dust would be great, or let it sit in the sun for a day or two.

either way, frozen or not, wrap it in a generous amount of newspaper, or puppy pads. Then put it in a trash bag, and duct tape it off. Double bag it and duct tape it shut.

find yourself a big enough box for the head to have some extra room. Line the box with puppy pads or news paper, something absorbent in case of leaks, then place the head in, and fill the box with packing peanuts or balled up news paper. You can probably do all this with a few copies of the Sunday paper, two trash bags, and a role of duct tape.

when I get the skull, I’ll have to finish macerating it, I can’t cook and spray it after it’s rotted or my wife will kill me. So it will take a few weeks. Once I can pull the flesh all off, I’ll soak the skull for 2 weeks in acetone. This will de grease the skull, bears and pigs are pretty greasy. Then I will simmer the skull in a pot of hydrogen peroxide to bleach it, and then I’ll seal it with mop N glo.

it will come out great, and very white. You don’t have to throw it away, I would love to save it for you and prevent that. I’m sure you worked your ass off for that bear.

Bigolwiggler

Reaction score
I’m macerating 5 skulls right now haha. I usually clean fresh skulls with a power washer and a hot plate but these are all dead heads and road kill, so they need to be hydrated. I did a pig skull fresh and it was the stinkiest thing I think in my memory.

if you have the stomach for it, here’s the best way to send it. I’ve done it this way with some dead heads on a drive from Vancouver Washington to San Diego and didn’t have to smell it inside the car.

I would take it out and let it dry for a few hours, after really rinsing it off, make sure you don’t lose any of the teeth when you are hosing it down.

If your wife will let you freeze it that would be best. I would double trash bag it of course before putting it in there.

if she doesn’t- mine sure wouldn’t - try and draw some moisture out. Cat litter or saw dust would be great, or let it sit in the sun for a day or two.

either way, frozen or not, wrap it in a generous amount of newspaper, or puppy pads. Then put it in a trash bag, and duct tape it off. Double bag it and duct tape it shut.

find yourself a big enough box for the head to have some extra room. Line the box with puppy pads or news paper, something absorbent in case of leaks, then place the head in, and fill the box with packing peanuts or balled up news paper. You can probably do all this with a few copies of the Sunday paper, two trash bags, and a role of duct tape.

when I get the skull, I’ll have to finish macerating it, I can’t cook and spray it after it’s rotted or my wife will kill me. So it will take a few weeks. Once I can pull the flesh all off, I’ll soak the skull for 2 weeks in acetone. This will de grease the skull, bears and pigs are pretty greasy. Then I will simmer the skull in a pot of hydrogen peroxide to bleach it, and then I’ll seal it with mop N glo.

it will come out great, and very white. You don’t have to throw it away, I would love to save it for you and prevent that. I’m sure you worked your ass off for that bear.
I think that I am going to tough it out with the process. Thanks for the helpful hints !!! I hope to see some pics when you are done with yours ..... maybe even some pics of what they look like now . BOW

Top Bottom