Hunting Buddy/Mentor Wanted Looking for some Info

cjp5711

Reaction score
Hey everyone I posted on here a while ago but haven't checked in a month or two. I'm looking for anyone who wouldn't mind teaching me a bit or even meeting up during the season. I'm still pretty new to deer hunting and haven't been out on my own yet, just a guided hunt I did a couple weeks ago for a hog and a sheep. I'm confident in just about everything other than what to look for and where to look. I live in Turlock so pretty much middle of everything and I'm planning on checking out an area of D-5 in a couple weeks before the general season opens. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Archer82

Reaction score
Hi cjp5711, Id recommend researching scouting videos on you tube, calling your local wildlife station, etc. The only true way to know where to find deer is to pick some spots with diverse habitat (water supply, cover, open meadows, etc). Also, when you go out and hike around to scout, look for rub marks on the trees, tracks, scat, etc. Plan to be out for hours and move slowly when youre in the thick of it. Even though you may not see them, they can see/smell you, especially if you are moving fast. Good luck.

Top Bottom