Looking to purchase a rifle sling

pbrdog

Reaction score
I got the "Claw" that Jesse recommended on this site. It's the best sling for hunting that I ever had. It doesn't slide off your shoulder, even when bending or shifting. I also have a 700 BDL in 30-06. It also comes with it's own swivels. Good sling, good quality, for a good price. I ordered mine through Cabelas at the time.

birdhunter88

Reaction score
kphunter,
I have 4 of the padded super slings. They are great and you will love it. I have them on my Tikka T3 Lite Stainless, Benelli Nova, Benelli M2 and my Browning Gold Classic Hunter. I just take one of the 4 off for my T/C Omega. Figure 4 is enough don't really need 5 of them. No I didn't buy all of them. A couple have been presents over the years. 2 are black and 2 are camo.

bird

Hunter29

Reaction score
I use a sling from an M14...only downfall is it is fairly noisy.

3D4ME

Reaction score
Try the Butler Creek Neoprene Rifle Sling. They have one called the Easy Rider Sling. This is the description Cabela’s gives in its catalog.
“The thick neoprene construction of the Easy Rider Sling is backed by a "shark skin" rubberized pad that won't slip off your shoulder. “
I have several of these slings and they all work great, and are real comfortable.

inchr48

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
I also bought the Claw from Cabela's. Have been happy with it. Be sure your sling brackets screw in through the stud and don't friction fit, no matter which sling you end up with.

kphunter

Reaction score
I was at Sportsmans Warehouse last weekend, and I picked up the Butler Creek sling with the neoprene/studs and the Uncle Mike's Super Swivels with the Swivelock feature. Anyone have one of these slings, any problems with the swivels?

KP

jmabbott888

Reaction score
Military leather issue sling here if you want to use it for a shooting aid, if you just use for carry I like a leather sling that is wide over the shoulder.

BDB

Reaction score
Here's another vote for the Claw. Doesn't slip and I love it.

HKE

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the safari sling thats in Cabelas. Looks interesting,alsoyou wouldnt have to worry about it slipping off of your shoulder when bending or going under brush etc.

3D4ME

Reaction score
KP
The Swivelock is one of the better things Uncle Mikes has done. After I tried my first set I swapped out all my others. Once is it locked I never worry about it catching on something and popping off. You will enjoy this setup!!

kphunter

Reaction score
3D:

That's good to know about the Uncle Mike swivels.

Thanks,

KP

Rookies

Reaction score
I bought myself the Browning Eclipse Padded Sling from Cabela recently, and haven't tried it out in the field yet. I but it on my gun and it looks great and feels great, but I ought to try it out yet. Does anyone have this sling and how do you like it?

Attachments

Top Bottom