looks like I got skunked

stickman

Reaction score
Mailman came Tuesday--NO RESSIE! I put in for 25 places. This is the first year I didn't get a single one back. How's everyone elses Luck? Hopefully better than mine!

songdog

Reaction score
Let's hope the mailman is a little slow.  I, nor any of the 10 other guys that I know who put in for reservations, got anything in the mail today.  Could be really bad luck but let's hope the mailman got heatstroke in the 103F degree heat today and they'll be here tomorrow.

twoducks

Reaction score
Read a post from Riley that said the resies didn't go out tell yesterday, still got a chance.

Megadeth

Reaction score
Isnt it amazing that opening weekend of skunk season falls on resi week. A  resi would sure make the work week fly by.

Quacker Wacker

Reaction score
I'm a stock broker and this past 18 months has been the worst thing imanginable, but I havn't jumped out the window yet.  With my son getting his license this year we put in over 40 ressie's for the opener, not to mention the 100+ put in by my various hunting buddies.  If I don't see that little card soon, I think the camels back is gonna snap - out the window I'll go.  

Good thing I work on the first floor!  If I hadn't shot a nice little 3 pointer in D-5 on the opener I might have to take more desperate action.

I'm feeling a little un-informed, how about everyone sound off on their success/failure at the mailbox - I know alot more people are out there.  PLEASE I NEED A GLIMMER OF HOPE!

wildfowl56

Reaction score
Looks like f and g has mailed late notices this year. Not 1 person on any forums has drawn yet, give it a few more days... they'll come..

Greenhead

Reaction score
Watch your mailbox tomorrow and Thursday. They mailed yesterday, so you've got a few days to wait until you jump. I'm afraid of jumping and just breaking my back or something, so I'm eyeing my shower rod. Fairly sturdy.

Swampy

Reaction score
  Keep the faith Quacker Wacker. I have been watching my box and calling my partners and they have nothing to report yet. So far it looks like F&G was a little late getting them out. Remember, it's not the fall that gets you, it's the sudden stop! (Unless your on the first floor!)

Quacker Wacker

Reaction score
Ressie's are here.  My son and I drew 3 for Sat and 1 for Sun.  2 Gray Lodge(1ea), 1 Mendota, and 1 Kesterson.  I have never drawn this well, I guess it's payback for completely missing last year.  Best of luck to you all - I'll likely see some of you and The Lodge.

Duck Fan

Reaction score
QW - nice draw....4 of them for opening weekend.  We all should be so lucky.

Enjoy them!

Megadeth

Reaction score
Congrats on your resi Quacker Whacker. Its nice to hear  somebody got something. Standing in the parking lot is not my idea of a good opener.

Jay

Reaction score
Got a little yellow card!

10/14 Grizzly Island.

Oh well, I'll be on the salt pond opening day.  

grizz

Reaction score
Skunk for me, But it pay's to have three in the house applying.  Cause the yougest drew LDC low # also. :bgaqua:

Jay

Reaction score
Grizz,

That blind I hunted with my son last year when I met you with your boys was awesome. Long walk but well worth it.

Good luck.

Greenhead

Reaction score
Got home, shook out the Pennysaver and there it was: #132 Grey Lodge. Didn't draw a thing last year, so I guess it was my turn. Since I never seem to get drawn for anything, Grey Lodge is my home-sweet-home during the season. Happy, happy boy.

Quacker Wacker

Reaction score
Anyone willing to offer up an opinion about Kesterson?

I have hunted San Luis, but never at Kesterson.  I understand they have space blinds.  I have ressie #16.  Would you go there or Gray Lodge on the opener if you had the chance?

hntndux

Reaction score
Looks like they did a mass mailing, I got Grey Lodge for the opener and pops got Colusa for the 17th.  Then my cousin called and wanted to know if I wanted to join him on his #2 at Delevan for Sunday!  I bet you can guess what my answer was....  I couldn't sleep last night and we still have over a week to go!

huntducks

Reaction score
Got a yellow card in mail today San Jacinto, this will work out great as I have a class reunion that afternoon, hunt ducks in the morning, hunt for old friends in afternoon.

songdog

Reaction score
It was a long walk back from the mailbox today without a reservation... until my hunting buddy neighbor pulled up in his new Suburban and said "hey look at this".................Kern #1 on the 13th.  Pays to have good friends (I told him I'd clean all his ducks for taking me).

Top Bottom