Looks like our Western Heat went East

PHOnos

Reaction score
July 31 - 07/31/2006 16:00 EST ? All nonessential work on transmission, substation equipment, and EMS Tools has been canceled.Contact your Regional Generation Dispatcher or Reliability Coordinator, as appropriate, with any questions with these instructions. ? All Transmission Operators are to continue to prepare to implement Emergency Operating Procedures.

July 31 - 07/31/2005 15:57 EST Use of offline units in emergency mode Further use of interruptible loads Further please continue to do the following:?All non-firm wholesale energy sales exporting from the MISO Market are to be curtailed ?All market participants are to continue to review their offers and make all generation assets available. This includes making emergency only generation available for economic dispatch where possible and canceling all nonessential generation maintenance.

July 31 - 07/31/2006 15:52 EST MISO requests that all entities in MISO Market Footprint CONTINUE to implement the steps of Maximum Generation Warning and review their internal procedures as appropriate. Please also continue the use of interruptible load in accordance with applicable contracts, DSM and utility conservation measures. If a Maximum Generation Event were to be implemented this would include: Use of emergency energy purchases Use of the emergency range of online generation resources

July 31 - 07/31/2006 15:49 EST Status Update:The Midwest ISO remains in an EEA 1 and Maximum Generation Emergency Warning and Conservative Operations. At this time the Midwest ISO does not project the need to implement a Maximum Generation Emergency Event today.

http://www.midwestiso.org/page/Real-Time+Info

cavey

Reaction score
yep, we've got it; thanks....... and have had it here for awhile, 104 today :(
Not nice, for northwestern wisconsin;

Would you like it back?

BDB

Reaction score
Oh hell no, it's almost comfortable around here now
Just in time for the A zone archery season to be over too.

FTTPOW

Reaction score
At one time today, I saw where it was 91 with 87% humidity. I don't know if it got hotter than that or not. It's like a sauna. Not my idea of fun.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
It's really cooled off here with the marine onshore flow. Nice mid 80s. I was just out grabbing some cucumbers from the garden and it almost feels like fall with the cloud cover and drizzle this morning.

Dad said it was miserable in MO last night with the heat and humidity.

Off to eat my cucumbers

sportyg

Reaction score
By all means keep the heat !! Shows us how nice you all are back there

troll

Reaction score
It's not that bad. People just like to complain. Just get a cool beer or lemonade, sit under a tree, and sweat. I just keep a towel handy to wipe off now and again. Just don't come within 10 feet of me as you'll be risking your nose hairs.

nickroy77

Reaction score
This is the only time of year which I appreciate what I do for work. Next week when this heat wave is over, I'll start complaining about my BS job again.

Freedom

Reaction score
I'm hating the heat as well. Pretty bad when you're out fishing on a lake and even with a breeze you can't cool off without jumping in!

ETC2NA

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Keep it. We don't need it in FL. It's been in the 90's with 85+% humidity here anyhow.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Spoke to my brother in NC yesterday. He's out working on the barn and it's 105 at sunset!

I still miss it. Step out of the AC and your eyes fog up, your shirt is soaked with sweat from stepping off the front porch, and your breath gets sucked right out into the sodden air.

PHOnos

Reaction score
Somebody (guess who) is going to end up paying a whole lot for some KWHs of power. Welcome to California.

Tuesday, August 1, 2006 10:47 AM
With the extremely high temperatures, peak loads, generation availability, and system conditions occurring today, Tuesday, August 1, 2006, Midwest ISO is declaring a NERC Energy Emergency Alert (EEA) 2 for the entire Market Footprint excluding the West Region entities of ALTW, GRE, MP, NSP, OTP, SMP, and MDU. Effective immediately all other Midwest ISO entities are to implement the steps of EEA 2 including:

- Curtailment of non-firm energy curtailments outside the market
- Public Appeals to reduce demand
- Voltage reduction where applicable
- Demand side management
- Utility load conservation measures, and Interruption of non-firm end use loads in accordance with applicable contracts

Midwest ISO remains in Maximum Generation Emergency Warning at this time. Should it be required, Midwest ISO will issue further instructions including a Maximum Generation Emergency Event if necessary. Begin preparing to use maximum dispatch range of units.

The Midwest ISO is also requesting Market Participants with available resources external to the Midwest Market to complete the Midwest ISO Emergency Energy Offer form and fax it to the Midwest ISO Shift Manager for consideration. If you are a non-Market Participant and have or have access to available resources, please contact a Midwest ISO Market Participant to offer in the available resources. The offer form can be found on the www.midwestmarket.org website under Documents| Reliability Procedures and Documents| Emergency Operating Procedures| EOP by sections| EOP Appendices or by clicking Here.

Please follow the instructions on the offer form to initiate the offer.
Conservative Operations remains in effect.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
splain that in English PHOnos please. Has the midwest ever had rolling blackouts?

cavey

Reaction score
I blacked out while rolling in the midwest once, to much black berry brandy - does that count?

Jesse,
No, we normally do not get rolling power outages, we have been spared that misery, sounds like we are getting close though. They are begging us to conserve during peak usage times. And power grids are the hot topic on the news lately.

troll

Reaction score
Michigan and some surrounding states had a major outage last year. I don't think it was due to the heat, just poor engineering.

Top Bottom