Loose UV Filter

jayber

Reaction score
I bought a UV filter from Best Buy the other day to use on one of my boxes.  I got the hole sized, added silicone and was installing it when I noticed that the lens fit in the ring was loose.  It could move in and out some.  I hadn't notice that with the first lens I tried.  I figured if it wasn't fitting tight that moisture surely could find it's way inside.  So I feathered a small bead of silicone all the way around at the corner of the lens and ring from the outside to seal it up.  When the silicone was dry, I scraped off any excess that might impede the camera view.  Has anybody else had the same problem or do they all fit that way and I just didn't notice it until then?

coyotebandit

Reaction score
Jayber,

I have bought 4 uv lenses so far, and I have never noticed that before. Either I wasn't looking hard enough or they weren't loose. I have two new ones sitting at home, I'll check them out. Best buy has a Camcorder UV lens kit on clearance for $3.50, I bought two yesterday. It comes with one clear, and one tinted. Don't know what the tinted one would be good for? I have had to use a small razor blade to remove exess glue from my lenses too. Super glue tends to leave a white film on the lens from the fumes, I wouldn't use it anymore.

Top Bottom