Los Banos #5

rusman66

Reaction score
Drew #5 at Los Banos WLA for the 25th. Any tips or advice, anyone willing to share? I have never been there.

dabob

Reaction score
Go up there and get on the refuge between now and the 25th so you can see what it is like in the daylight.

rusman66

Reaction score
Go up there and get on the refuge between now and the 25th so you can see what it is like in the daylight.
thanks, I’d like to, but i think it’s a 5 hour drive. Not sure I can pull that off.

Limited Out

Reaction score
First I haven't hunted there, but some general ideas apply. Get there the day before and see what areas are holding birds. Visualize how you will set up your decoy spread on the areas holding birds. See if you see any flight patterns. Know where the parking area are for the areas you plan to hunt from your scouting. Talk with any refuge staff you come across. Preparation is everything, eliminate as many variables as possible.

Limited Out

Reaction score
Not sure on that, some refuges do, give them a call. That's a good draw, it we be a bad deal not to optimize it. Let us know how you do.

MQ

Reaction score
No access prior to the hunt day. There are a bunch of blinds and assigned ponds. The blind results are posted at the check station for the last 3 days. Check the sheets and pick a blind. Good luck.

MQ

Reaction score
How did the hunt go? Know someone that did well today at LB

Top Bottom