Los banos

QuackAssassin

Reaction score
Drew a 45 for wens the 21 . I live in SoCal and was wondering if 45 would be worth the drive for me . I've never been there either....what are your thoughts ?

MLS35

Reaction score
I drew a 38 there two years ago, I was in at about 20 with no shows. I ended up getting a really nice blind, I believe it was called Walker 13. We shot 10 birds for 2 guns by noon. Spoons, teal and gads. I'm not sure what it's like now based off the flood up, it was the furthest blind from the lot from what I was told. It was like going from lot 1 to unit 1A at Kern. Believe it or not there wasn't s whole mess of sky busting and guys were good about letting the birds work. With resi's on short supply and the season nearing the end, I'd say go for it.

motor-vater

Reaction score
I finished out my season their last year on ressie 40 something on 1/22/15. Mind you I had never been their before and was still pretty green to it all, got some good advice on the free roam and ended up with 4 pin tails, 2 mallards, 2 spoons, a gad, a teal and a goose!!! If your gonna hit SJ on Wed I would be all to happy to share my map with you... I will be driving straight past you on my way north to finish the season with a goose hunt!!!

Shmave23

Reaction score
Being its a Wed you might still have a nice chance of getting a good spot. I was drawn #33 on the New Year's Eve. I thought it was gonna be packed bring it was right before the holiday. I ended up with a blind & had a real nice shoot.

jls456

Reaction score
Wednesday Is a good day. Not a lot of hunters either. That my best day to hunt.

CAGWP

Reaction score
The question you should be asking yourself is why did I put in for the RESI if I am going to think about not going if I get drawn? I was hunting the Los Banos area this weekend and was surprised how many people were out hunting. There was a lot more RESI and lotto hunters there this weekend and even a lot of people stayed to hunt Sunday as well. You most likely will not get a good blind with that number and will have to free roam. With no new weather coming in the blind averages should be on a decrease as well. So free roam and learn a new refuge, with RESI'S so slim this year a lot of people would love to use that number. Good luck.

QuackAssassin

Reaction score
I put in for Ressies multiple times and haven't hunt them . This particular one happened to be on a work day which I am more than capable taking off. Though, if I put in my money for a chance at a hunt I am in titled to do what ever I want with it. Don't tell me u don't put in for the same days at multiple refuges in hopes of being able to hunt . I have on multiple occasions drawn ressies on the same day for two different locations and wasn't able to hunt one . Would u consider that to be unethical for everyone who puts in for ressies as well ? With that being said I'm not being confrontational just proving my point .
I think I am gona try and hunt it . Just hafts get a guy to trade the day with me. What areas are good? It seems to be pretty large of an area and I dont wanna get lost like I have in the past at places I haven't been to befor. What recommendations do you guys have ?

chavarriamj

Reaction score
Hey Quack Assassin I wouldn't worry what people think you are a very ethyical guy in my book ! Just sayin !

QuackAssassin

Reaction score
Thanks Chav man . Missed ya this year up at kern I never made it up that way. In fact I didn't make it south to the sea either , been saving for a new home! Prolly been out 3-4 times and reluctantly arrowed a deer too fairly quick. Not much hunting for me this season.

Wolfe

Reaction score
Hi QuackAssassin,
I call bs on the people that say they hunt every draw they get. I have passed on a few with conflicting dates or rain at Wister. Go for it if you can and if not don't sweat it. The refuge will be full if you are there or not. I have not got crap this year so good on ya for getting the draw. People just sometime like to hate on ya.

chavarriamj

Reaction score
Hey QA yea I noticed I hadn't seen ya. I joined a club a friend of mine started 3.5 miles from Kern Refuge! It's finally shooting fairly consistently now. Last 2 or 3 times out limits for eveyone ! Good luck with your new house when you get it. I know the deal !

chavarriamj

Reaction score
Just to show how random the draw is I checked mail box lastnight and received a #7 ressie at SJ for next Wednesday ! First draw of the season. He Quak Assassin how they been shooting do you know ? If there killing ducks I may go not sure yet. The club has been shooting last couple of times out !

QuackAssassin

Reaction score
We're still in limbo with tomorrow and where we are gona hunt . We don't know enough about banos or what to expect or go.. Love going to new places but I'm caught between a hard place . Chavez you gona go to SJ? I think if we bail on the ressie we will try that or kern

Top Bottom