Lost my dog :(

castone001

Reaction score
This one kills me. I took off for a 4th of july vacation, I almost always take the dog with us ut we rented a house this time and no pets allowed. Left her at home with my neighors watching out for her care and feeding. Got the dreaded phone call Saturday evening that she had dug out under the fence and was gone. looked all day yesterday and will go to the pound in Lake Elsinore this morning.

If anyone in Southern Riverside County runs across an ad for Liver ticked Female GSP please forward the info to me.

Thanks a bunch.

Chris
castone001@yahoo.com
951-544-1026

MJB

Banned
Reaction score
Good luck! Was she micro chipped?

brushstomper

Reaction score
What a bummer! I hope she turns up she is a beautiful dog. Check the lost and found section in your local paper and craigslist. Check all the surrounding pounds and leave a picture with them also. It might not hurt to put something in the paper also, you may want to add she needs to get home because she is on medication and needs it weekly. That way if someone was thinking of keeping her that may change their mind if they think she is on meds for something, who knows. Good luck!

zodiakgsps

Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your girl running off, you must be frantic, I hope she turns up soon!!

Mt Goat

Reaction score
Chris

Sorry to here about your dog. Check the GSP Rescues in the area. Riverside used to have one, theres also one that I know of in Vista off Gopher Canyon Rd. If I can find the numbers, I will post them up for you, but ask around or do a search online.

Larry Lowell

brushstomper

Reaction score
castone001,

I am in Oceanside near the Vista GSP rescue. If you need someone to go check down there or drop off pictures let me know. You can PM me if you like.

castone001

Reaction score
Folks,

Found her! What a load off my mind and my kids!

Lake Elsinore Pound had arrested her and thrown her butt in jail! I found her mug shot on their web page this morning and called to let them know i'll e picking her up. I thought about doing the tough love thing and leaving her butt in jail......but you all probably would have done the same thing and bailed her out. 104.00 later she was free on bail and getting the talking to of her life!

Went home today and rewired the fence line, I have a 4 foot chain link fence front yard that is roughly 100' x 50' (you would think that she is in dog heaven but the grass is always greener they say) and plugged in the e-fence transmitter deal. She now remembers what the yellow wire is :)

I want to thank you all for your suggestions and offers to help! Looks like another good hunting season from me and HH (Hallir the Hunter).

Hubertus

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sean english @ Jul 9 2008, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Great. Congratulations[/b]
Never answered the question, is she microchipped? The pound could have called you as soon as they picked her up.

Mntngoat

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hubertus @ Jul 10 2008, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sean english @ Jul 9 2008, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great. Congratulations[/b]
Never answered the question, is she micro chipped? The pound could have called you as soon as they picked her up.
[/b][/quote]

But only if they have the correct scanner for the chip that was implanted. This is half the problem with chips. Not everyplace uses the same scanner and not all scanners can read all the chips. They need to make them universal.

Rex has an avid chip and I hope should he ever get out that whoever picks him up has the correct scanner.

ML

castone001

Reaction score
No she is not microshipped and I had heard the same thing, that not all places use the same scanners. So this is a mamybe do/Maybe no do scenario. I have been thinking about chipping her now but honestly cant seem to decide if its worth it. Sure would love a GPS chip :) You know like the ones they use to locate cell phones and folks with Parkinsons and house arrest.

pbrdog

Reaction score
Glad she's safe and back home. Take care of that girl.

castone001

Reaction score
Asolutely!! her license and her special tag that says REWARD then my phone numbers........Oh that collar was found in the yard near the fence where she escaped :) so unfortunately she wasn't wearing a collar. :(

Mt Goat

Reaction score
Sure glad you found her. I bet you and your family are feeling LOTS better.

As far as chipping dogs, it so worth it. They only cost depending on your vet $25-$50 dollars and then $10-$20 to activate it. When you think of all the money most people already have invested in a hunting dog another $50 bucks is cheap. Sure not all the Animal Shelters have the scanners, but Avid is one of the more know ones. If I remember right if you call Avid you can have them send a scanner to your local Animal Shelter, if they dont already have one. Best bet is to fine out, call the Animal Shelters near you and find out if they use them, and what chip scanners they have. IMO if it only works half the time its better than no chance at all. If it only works 1 out of 10 times its better than no chance at all. My personal dogs get chipped.

Larry Lowell

StephenB

Reaction score
I second that you should absolutely chip your dog. It's really a small investment that could save your dog's life and get her back to you.

If a pound or shelter has a scanner of any sort, they can see that your dog has a chip even if they can't read it and get your info. If she has a chip, shelters will treat her as a lost dog, not just as a stray. My friend, who works in a vet hospital, told me they will keep your dog longer if they are chipped - giving you more time to find her before she either goes up for adoption or worse...

gundogs

Reaction score
Mt Goat is right get the Avid chip and a collar strap with the dogs name , your name, and your cell phone number.
I still get clients dogs with tattoos and chips. I think all three are well worth the return of a lost dog.
Happy to hear she is back at home with you.
Bryce Mann

Top Bottom