• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Lots of broods

dthome

The wife and I just went for a short hike (3-4 miles), and encountered a brood of mountain quail and a brood of grouse. Then, on the drive back, we encountered another brood of grouse. This is the hen, who initially crossed the road, but then turned back to retrieve her chicks.
It looks like it could be a good year!

Attachments

Bankrunner

It's been forever since Iv'e seen any grouse. On Sunday a hen turkey with her brood of about 8 poults and a tom with three hens were up at the ranch. The poults were about the size of a chicken.

Brnsvllyjohn

I need GPS coordinates for the grandsons. I wouldn't hunt your "honey hole" but I would take them. LOL

They both have lifetime hunting licenses so I need to make sure they use them.

Limited Out

I have been seeing the same thing in the desert for Quail. Lifetime Hunting Licenses for the youngsters, best gift I ever bought for my son.

Last edited:

GSP4Runner

I've seen Sootys both times I scouted deer this summer, I heard them doing mating calls in mid July. Seems like either they are breeding late or double clutch this year. Found a nice covey of juvenile chukars while offroading about a month ago. Got it on video which is on my Instagram @gsp4runner will be posting hopefully alot of hunting pics this season so feel free to follow me.

Taking some small game heads for my arrows and hopefully get my 1st archery Sooty while deer hunting.

Last edited:

Limited Out

Lots of Quail this year in the desert, I think I have been seeing the second or maybe a third hatch. I think there is some fun hunts on tap!

dthome

Saw more mountain quail this past weekend. Little buggers for this time of year. I wonder if the low snow delayed nesting. I’m going to give them a little more time before I chase them this year.

Top Bottom