LOTTO/SWEAT LINE NOT FARE !!

O

outdoorsman

Went to San Luis Sunday. Drew #6 in the lotto. Then had almost 17 hunters go in before me!!  What's up with more than one person per #.  Resi's only get 2 adults per card ,the lotto should be less if not the same.  My partner ( who got a different # than I) almost didn't get in at all.  DFG needs to re-do this part of the lotto so its fare for everyone.  

duckme

Reaction score
I think they only allow 2 hunters per lotto number

quackedup

Reaction score
They key is that you said "San Luis".  I have witnessed many times there that if you don't police the line yourself, just about anything can happen.  I have seen guys jump in line that say they have a higher number and do not...but the personnel don't look for that.  Whoever comes in the door is helped.

I have had to push my way through to be sure my reservation was taken in order...and the sweat line can be worse.  

The regs for San Luis say "Two adult hunters may register as a party for the lottery if both are present".  So, they are not allowed more than that and they both had to be there when the lottery numbers were given out.

spoonie

Reaction score
I hunted san luis for years, and thats why I left and took my trailer over to Banos. Those guys over there are a joke. They cheat their way in and old man joe in the morning knows it but lets them in anyway. I personally know of one who goes in without a pass in the morning to hold the spot while his old man gets the permits. They have one guy go through twice to pick up the extra permit.But , what can you do but hunt somewhere else, that check station is a joke...

O

outdoorsman

I looked up the regs on lotto myself.  You guys are right about the 2 per lotto # !!  I'll be sure and comment on it next time i'm down there.  Might make the officials stop and think for once.

Top Bottom