Low Range

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 My trigger range has dropped considerably,im going to assume that low Batt will do this,so im going to change it out today.
 Was wondering if the temperature drop will cause this? or as im thinking a combination of both will affect range of sensor? Right now in Missouri its not really cold,maybe 50's during the night.

Possum

Reaction score
Colder weather should extend the range of the PIR sensor.  I won't pretend to know the range of the extension.  Just like the HOT weather reduces the range colder weather increases the difference between the surrounding temperatures and the animal.  My guess would be the battery is weak.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi Passthru,
Another possibility is that during use the unit has been knocked around a bit.  This can change the placement of the sensor element behind the Fresnel lens.  Even a change of 1/16 inch can cause a dramatic shift in sensitivity.

Archilochus

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Thanx guys,I will check out the sensor when i open it up to put in a new battery,never even thought of that,I hate to glue it down you never know when you will need to take it out for repairs.
 Will let you know what i find out.And i hate this but i jumped deer when trying to place it on a different tree,Bummer.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 I cut the housing it came in to the shape of the board so that the fresnel lens was the only thing sticking out and still have the housing on the inside of the box holding the IC board in its original grooves.
 Notice in the pics i posted how its still there.I just didnt use any glue opting for the foam inside to hold it forward.(i have foam to remove from box to get to camera not shown in pics)

http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/cgi-bin/i...1&topic=905

(Edited by Passthru at 12:39 pm on Oct. 13, 2001)

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Ok the battery worked:smile-blue:so after checking it i climbed into my treestand (i have it where i can see it for right now) well a deer walked right in front of it and no shutter or flash Wha:surprise-purple:
 then before dark 5 turkey(didnt see them till it was to late to ready for a shot with my bow:banghead: &nbsp no flash or anything,thinking now that i need to take it home and check it out:hammer: ,when i left the woods i went after it and daggumit the thing was turned off!! Ahhhhh:rolleyes-green:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom