LRF 800 vs. Yardage 1000

H

Hexa

Hi all !

I would like to hear opinions on Leicas LRF 800 and Bushnells Yardage 1000. I am interested in their use for long range shooting so I would like to know how far they are usable, what is the quality of their optics and how sensitive they are to bright light i.e. can they be used and how well when the sun is shining.

All opinions and user comments are wellcome. They cost about the same and I am thinking of buying the Leica.

BlackWater

Reaction score
Hex,   I have the Bushnell and it has worked very well for last 4 yrs.  1000 yds is the optimum with excellent conditions, but definitely work all the times out to 800.  Have not noticed that bright light has any effect.  Drizzle and rain will cut down range.

Leicas are known for better optics, but not familar with that model.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Hex,

I've used both the rangefinders you inquired about. For what it's worth here's what I liked and disliked. The Leica has the best glass, sharp and crisp. Since you're not looking through them all day the eyestrain factor doesn't matter with the Bushnell being not as good in optics.

For size and weight, the Leica is the winner.

For ranging distances it was a toss up. Both worked on animals out to 550 yards on bright days. 650 yards on gloomy days. Hard targets like buildings we could get to almost 1000 yards.

The backlite on the Leica is indispensible when the light gets dim.

Both have tripod mounts which is needed for long range rangefinders.

Leica has a 7x over the Bushnell 6x optic.

2 year warranty from Leica, 1 year from Bushnell. Guess which one I'm upgrading to.

A

AndyR

I talked the wife into getting me a Leica for Christmas and we are very impressed with the quality of the rangefinder. I have tried Spectr17 Bushnell 600 compact and there is no comparison. The unit works great in low light and in the rain.

Andy

Latest Posts

Top Bottom