Lure Selection for Trout

SRS

Reaction score
Listers,

I've fished for bass & stripers in the past.  Given that largemout action's slow for me, I thought I'd try out some rainbow fishing.  

My question: what kind of lures should I look into for lake fishing?  What colors?

Thanks in advance.

-SRS

MikeZ

Reaction score
Hi,
I fish the trout at Coyote lake in Gilroy once the plants start in march or april. A wedding ring in either green or orange with a 1 inch piece of a small nightcrawler on the end is very effective. I fish this thing real slow. If the wind is blowing sometimes the drift is fast enough. As the water warms, go down about 15 or 20 feet and you'll continue to catch all the trout you want.(I hope)
Mike

grizz

Reaction score
My favorite lure for trout is a silver Kastmaster.  

EVAN III

Reaction score
   I've never fished your area, but I've done more then my share Trout fishing. Kastmasters are good. Roostertails seem to catch Trout where ever you go. My personal fav. is the Thomas Bouyant. Great lure, but it seems to work the best in the Serrias. (Mammoth, June Loop.) I've always favored the red and gold, solid gold, and silver. Another thing you might try is small jigs. Plain old crappie johns or twin tail crickits. Red, black and white, and red and white, should do the trick. But my fav. is clear smoke. Jigs seem to work better on fish that don't want to bite.
Well good luck, and remember, THE WORST DAY OF FISHING IS ALWAYS BETTER THEN THE BEST DAY OF WORK!!
Oh and by the way, welcome to Jesse's

(Edited by EVAN III at 2:59 am on Jan. 31, 2002)

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom