Lynx

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 I work with this girls dad,she lives in Alaska and shot this cat,thought you would all like to see it.
 I did not realize the size of a Lynx till now.

Mnfshrman

Reaction score
WOW, Passthru....I can't believe how big that thing is, or is the lady that small....

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Im guessing her to be just over 5' tall,the logs of the cabin look to range anywhere fro 8" to 12" with one log about 6",your guess is as good as mine but that cat is stretched out to at least 5',I was blown away by its size,being from Missouri and never seeing a Lynx i always had the impression the where around the size of a Bobcat,this just confirms to me that i was very wrong.

d trees

Reaction score
Wow i s that one big cat , hey passthru are they common in alaska,d

songdog

Reaction score
When I was up in ID this last fall I ran across a number of their hides in a couple of different stores.  Really nice.  They're typically quite a bit bigger than our SoCal kitties but the one in this pic is just plain huge.

russ

Reaction score
    Wow,I never would of thought they could get that big.Thats one more for this site always learning something new.How much do you think that bad boy weighs.

(Edited by russ at 5:07 pm on Jan. 7, 2002)

songdog

Reaction score
Based on the fact that she can hold it up like that and still smile I'd have to guess 60lbs or so.  Lots of thick fur on that thing.

Fubar

Reaction score
Passthru You guys in here never cease to amaze me. That is a great pic! Thanx for sharing it. Thanx to all of you in Jesses Forum that provide me with many hours of entertainment and information.                Fubar

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Here's a pic of a lynx track compared to a bobcat from up north. The pic is off a research website so I'm not sure where the pic was taken.

Bobcat track on left, lynx track on right.

I didn't realize the size difference either until I saw this pic.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Dont know what she shot it with,i did find out that she is 5',dont know the weight though.

LAgunman2K

Reaction score
that cat is a MONSTER, id hate to be roamin the woods unarmed with that kitty cruising around.

cute girl too.

gizz

Reaction score
That adds a whole new meaning to the words
"Here kitty, kitty"
They must be an awesome sight if your lucky enough to see one alive.

(Edited by gizz at 7:08 pm on Jan. 9, 2002)

davered1

Reaction score
passthru,

That is probably more hair than anything,the one I shot had about 4" thick hair on it.It was 41" from head to tail, a mature male.The waist after I skinned it out was only about 4" diameter.Ther is less to one of them than a coyote after the hide is off.

(Edited by davered1 at 12:15 pm on Jan. 24, 2002)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom