Made First Cam

Bill Schultz

Reaction score
Nice work joe D.  Question If I put in your timer on a owlpf with a ms20 pir and say set it for ten minutes. and a deer or several deer keep walking in frount of the pir does it start the 10 minutes over or not. The reason I ask is without a timer my camera has about 1.5 min delay on auto, but if something is moving in front of it it will keep setting the pir eventually causing my camera to shut down. I have to remove the bataries to get it to re start. I need a timer I just hope it will work well with my two wire set up.

davered1

Reaction score
ten pointer,

Nice unit,Very well thought out. Where did you get the box that the pir and timer is in? What kind of box are they called? I use a different kind of box ,but yours look better?

Nice unit

Bill, Joes timer starts the ten minute count from first trigger,it will not start over with more movement sensed.If the deer stayed there and moved around for 11 minutes joes timer will time out in ten minutes(or whatever time it is set at) and then fire 1 more pic and start the 10 min countdown again. I have 4 of his timers (2 long and 2 short times),They work extremely well.

(Edited by davered1 at 9:50 pm on Mar. 6, 2002)

Ten Pointer

Reaction score
davered1,

The box is called a Pelican 1120.  Joe had to Dremel the sides of the box so the camera could fit in it.  It fits in there nice now.

davered1

Reaction score
tenpoint,

I was actually talking about the little box that the pir and timer are enclosed in the door with.What type is that?

:smiley-thumbs-up:

Munce27520

Reaction score
Great job, it looks awsome. Very well organized and neat. I wish I had a fellow camer to work with in my area? Send some pics. soon.

woodsman

Reaction score
Looks good verry nice.Tell us you have 4 more in the works don't you :smile-big-blue:

Ten Pointer

Reaction score
davered1,

The PIR, timer, switches, led's and little box all came together. JoeD sold 2 of them to me.  You have to ask JoeD where he got them.  

Its small, compact and as mentioned the PIR is sensitive. When I do make another one I will go this way again.  There is no clutter in the box and therefore less chance for wires to get tangled or to come loose.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Nice work on the cameras 10 pointer. You stuck gold living next  to Joe D.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom