Made this roof rack for the Jeep

Shot

Reaction score
The cost for material was $58. I ended up using some textured paint, then painting it the body color and giving it a camo look with some black paint. I made some bracket for the Hi-Lift jack and for lights on the front, sides, and back. What you guys think?

Attachments

Shot

Reaction score
here is a pic of the front where the lights will mount, still looking for some cheap lights since I know some will brake on the trail (trees).

Attachments

Marty

Reaction score
Looks good.
Ques: What color is it? Are you sure that the side panels are rigid enough to span the stock rack mounts? Did you load test it? Is there any secondary connection between the spars and the side panels besides a weld?

Shot

Reaction score
Marty,

I stood on top of the rack while it was mounted on the Jeep, and I weigh 190 lbs. It didn't even move. The side panels are strong enough. I tested the rack in every way possible, I tied a rope to each side and hung from it, and it still held up fine. In fact I think its stronger the the Con-Fer one I had. Well, if I find any problems with it I can easily dismounted and weld some supports. BTW, the Jeep and the rack are silver in color.

VHRAM

Reaction score
Iwas gonna say it looked like a confer rack.Ive had 3 of them and decided to keep the last on instead of selling it with the truck, naturally it won t fit anything I have so I split it down the middle and took out 14 inches and re welded it back togather and now it fits the new truck perfectly.

VHRAM

Reaction score
forgot to say looks great. it gave me some ideas to retro fit to mine.

LeeChul

Reaction score
Looks sweet, and that side mount for the high jack will come in real handy if things get "sticky."

VHRAM

Reaction score
ever thought of using those heavy duty rubber tractor lights, they can take some abuse and keep working and light up a decent area around the truck.

Shot

Reaction score
My dad had a old, I mean old, style tube bender in his shop. I had never used it, so I thought now was the time. It wasn't that hard to bend since the the bars were not of heavy gauge.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom