Magnum loads?

wingseeker

Reaction score
I am a firm believer in the better quality components of shotgun shells made by Hevishot.
The shot is simply superior to steel and I am able to cleanly take birds without cripples
and at extended ranges when the birds are hard to work.

dabob

Reaction score
When Hevi-Shot first came out it was 12g/cc shot that was denser than lead. It said right on the box heavier than lead.

Now EMI calls anything they make Hevi-Shot products. Now they compare most of their shells to steel shot, they no longer compare their ammo to lead ammo.

So now EMI uses the Hevi-Shot name to try and sell lower quality shells that are not nearly as good as the original 12g/cc Hevi-Shot.

The Hevi-Shot Goose loads are 12g/cc shot and are denser than lead but they cost $4.50 to $6.00 per shell.

The Hevi- X Tungsten loads are not as dense as lead, even though they have a great name.

The Hevi-Shot Goose and Duck loads that everybody knew were good shells cost over 3 times more than the Hevi-X Tungsten loads do.

Hevi-Shot was the name of some great 12g/cc shot. Now Hevi-Shot is whatever EMI wants to call Hevi-Shot.

Limited Out

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I know those Hybrid Shot materials are excellent. I do a fair amount of missing, my hunting partners would have to go on suicide watch after I missed 4 or 5 times in a row. $3.00 a shell for just the shot, if you using TSS 18g, is a little out of my league. I'm loading steel for $7 to $9 a box vs $80 per box of TSS and that's if I load it myself. I just can't see it on my budget, I think I'll let the birds work a little bit closer and shoot steel!

rainingmallards

Reaction score
Dabob,

That is not even remotely accurate about EMI. That company makes the finest non-toxic shotgun shells in the market today. A great deal of the misinformation floating around is started my Hevishot competitors pure and simple. I used the Hevi-Bismuth, Magnum Blends, Hevi X and now the new Hevi-18 turkey loads. I have NEVER had a bad experience with any of these and am always thankful that I chose to use a quality shotgun shell

dabob

Reaction score
When Hevi-Shot first came out it was 12g/cc shot that was denser than lead. It said right on the box heavier than lead.

Now EMI calls anything they make Hevi-Shot products. Now they compare most of their shells to steel shot, they no longer compare their ammo to lead ammo.

So now EMI uses the Hevi-Shot name to try and sell lower quality shells that are not nearly as good as the original 12g/cc Hevi-Shot.

The Hevi-Shot Goose loads are 12g/cc shot and are denser than lead but they cost $4.50 to $6.00 per shell.

The Hevi- X Tungsten loads are not as dense as lead, even though they have a great name.

The Hevi-Shot Goose and Duck loads that everybody knew were good shells cost over 3 times more than the Hevi-X Tungsten loads do.

Hevi-Shot was the name of some great 12g/cc shot. Now Hevi-Shot is whatever EMI wants to call Hevi-Shot.
I just read what I wrote again and I don't see anything in that post that is not true.

Top Bottom