Mainstay or Regent PIR

Snakebit

Reaction score
I have built 6 camera's using the canon sure shot owl PF and used the Regent and the Mainstay PIR. I also put a led with a switch. We started having problems with the relay not reseting. I metered the wires coming from the camera and have 2.54 volts. Am I suppose to have power coming from camera. The first camera that we built is still working and gave me no problems. I changed the relay and no change. I had 3 of them in the my shop working. We were discussing what the problem could be and I took one of them that was working and we metered the wires while they were in operation and also took the 9 volt battery off and put it back and now the relay will not reset anymore. Help

encorepistol

Reaction score
should be no power from the cam. Could be bad relays if they stay stuck in the closed position. what does the led do?

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Hi SnakeBit,

Welcome back.

When you say the relay won't reset, do you mean the cam won't snap a pix with movement or do you mean the cam snaps a pix immediatly at turn on?

There won't be any volts coming out of the cam controller electronics to the Owl PF but you WILL measure voltage on the wires coming OUT of the camera. The common wire is Owl PF battery negative and you should measure 2.5 to 2.8volts from the common wire over to the 1/2 press and/or full press wires. You should also snap a pix when the Owl's wires are shorted together. That should be your first test (after being sure all batts are good)

If you put your meter on OHMS and check the relay wires going to the cam, you should get no reading until motion is sensed. If you get a reading all the time, then the relay is being energized for some reason, like you said. If there is no reading but the cam snaps a pix anyway, check the plug/jacks, they sure do give a lot of trouble

Tinhorn

Top Bottom