mainstay #wm2

bowbender

Reaction score
WAS WONDERING HOW TO WIRE THIS SENSOR?IF ITS ON THE HOMEBREW FAQS , IM SORRY, JUST POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, WHAT KIND OF POWER SOURCE DO YOU USE?I JUST PICKED ONE UP AT WAL-MART!ANY AND ALL HELP APPRECIATED!

DO ANY OF YOU GUYS USE THE CANON OWL THAT DOES NOT HAVE THE DATE AND TIME STAMP?ON MY NEXT CAM IM THINKING OF TRYING IT TO REDUCE COST! IM NOT SURE OF THE MODEL #

bowbender

Reaction score
OK , I BELEIVE I FOUND WHAT IM LOOKING FOR, EXCEPT A COMPLETE PARTS LIST FROM RADIO SHACK TO CONVERT THIS OVER DOES ANYONE HAVE THE COMPLETE LIST THEY COULD EMAIL ME?

gizz

Reaction score
bowbender - The PIR you mention is the same as the MS20 so the instrucs for the MS20 should apply.
As for the OWL without date - You should really try to find one with the date feature if you can. You'll really appreciate checking what time the animals are passing by. It can also act as a good scouting tool. But to answer your question the model will simply be Canon Sure Shot Owl PF. These are readily available, just go to yahoo.com shopping section and search for Canon Owl. I've seen in the $30's range without the date and around $50 with the date.
Good luck

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
One way you could get around the no date camera is to get one of the huge patio clocks that run off a 9vdc battery an mount it out in front of the camera. They're aout $8.00 at Wal-Mart. It wouldn't last long or your camera though on public land.

bowbender

Reaction score
GIZZ, THANKS FOR REPLYING,I HAVE ONE CAM WITH THE TIME AND DATE STAMP, AND KINDA FIGURED IF I HAD PICS ON A CAM WITH OUT THE STAMP, I WOULD JUST SWITCH OUT CAMS AND START GETTING THE TIME & DATE ON EM!
IM SORTA WORRIED ABOUT WIRING UP A NEW CAM,MY FIRST CAM WAS WIRED BY STRUTTER, SO THATS ANOTHER REASON I WANTED THE CHEAPER CAM,IN CASE I SCREW UP,BUT I GOTTA START SOMETIME!

bowbender

Reaction score
SPECTR, HEY THATS AN EXCELLENT IDEA! I MIGHT TRY THE BIG CLOCK! AT LEAST THE CRITTERS COULD KEEP UP WITH THE TIME!

MO Blaster

Reaction score
I've wired two Sureshot Owl AF's (no date) with no problems.  They are actually pretty easy.  The directions are on the web page.  Be sure to keep track of where your screws go because there are lots of different sizes.  

bowbender

Reaction score
I SAW WHERE TO WIRE THE PF AND BF , BUT NO AF??? ARE THEY THE SAME?

bowbender

Reaction score
WHAT KIND OF WIRE IS USED TO WIRE THE CAM AND THE SENSOR? ON THE WIRING INSTRUCTIONS PAGE IT APPEARS TO BE PHONE CORD................IS IT?

gizz

Reaction score
Some use phone wire. I use 24 awg wire but have used speaker wire before. The thinner the better, you want it to be flexible not stiff so stranded wire is what you want.

Top Bottom