Major differences?

AR Hunter

Reaction score
What are the major differences between the Owl AF and PF?  Which one is more applicable for a trailcam in which situations?  

I have recently posted here that I am trying to get a cam quick, like in a couple of weeks, and I am interested in buying a homebrew before I build my first one.  There are two guys on here who have seemingly good cams at decent prices.  I don't want to piss either of these guys off, but I am not sure how to determine which one is better and if the price is right?  Any thoughts on how to do this?  Email me if you would rather not post...

(Edited by AR Hunter at 7:48 pm on July 1, 2002)

gizz

Reaction score
Hi Arhunter.
I think the major difference between the 2 cameras is the Flash on the PF is sooo much better than the AF. But the AF takes excellent pictures as well and can be had for a bit less money. Besides that, i'd say the differences are trivial.
I'm not gonna touch the second part of the question
:shake-head-blue:

vman

Reaction score
The answerer is simple just buy a cam from each of them.  :stimpy:

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi ARH,
To add a bit to what gizz said....
The AF is a hair faster to snap a pic than the PF.  I think the AF's batts might last a bit longer too - but I've never done a strict test of that.

I'll join gizz - and zip up my pie-hole on any further comment....  :-|

Archilochus

wfontjr

Reaction score
i find the af is easier to solder to the gold joints, with the pf i have heck because i shake to much trying to solder to those pins, which are so close together

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
They have covered the camera differences, so I'll toss my 2 cents in on the desision part.  If you stick around much longer your gonna build your own anyway, but Buy the one that has all the options you want.  If they're the same, boil it down to price or looks.  Heck, if you have to, Mr lincoln will give you a heads up on which one.  If you need advice on features you at the right place.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi wfontjr,
Try the solder points found by shrtcrkt(??) instead of those pins.  I tried it - much easier!! :))

The original post is called something like "new solder points"

Archilochus

gtk

Reaction score
Where did those pics go that shrtckt had on the solder suggestion ???  the one where he soldered the front of the PF instead of the inards....

thnx.

davered1

Reaction score
here it is , copy and save it in your computer, much easier, thanks shrtcrkt

Top Bottom