Making a Moto Duck

BugleMIn

Reaction score
I am in the process of making one of the trail cams,  has somebody built their own decoy with beating wings?

Particularly I having trouble finding a motor.

E A Hunt

Reaction score
Save your money.   Learn to hunt without one. They will be banned for good in the next season or two.
Common you can do it. You don't need "The Crutch",

E A Hunt

Reaction score
Or you can go to a Raidoshack. They will have everything you need. Don't waste your time mounting your gizmo in a decoy. The ones mounted in decoys are made to attract hunters not birds.

Look for a small motor about the size of a asprin jar. I don't have a part number or name. It is about the size of a small jar with a shaft comming out one end. It will run for a week with a foam wing attached to it.

Or buy a 15 dollar remote controled can and take it apart. That way you have a remote on off switch.

BugleMIn

Reaction score
I never hunt ducks, I primarily bowhunt for deer, but I need something to hunt after I bag Mr. bighead each year.  Last year I bought a couple dozen canada goose decoys and started hunting geese.  There are thousands in the area I live.

I can't call worth a shit, all I can get is the hail call so they do turn and fly by me, but I can't get the cluck down. So they keep right on booking.  Occasionally some fly right in to my dekes.

I want all the help I can get.  The radio shack way was the method I was looking for.  If I wanted to spend $50 for a kit, I'd buy it from Cabela's.

I took one of my kid's remote control cars apart and I think it will work, I could screw the whole car into the deke and use a rubber belt on a tire to turn the wings, but it makes so darn much noise with those little gears, I wouldn't stand a chance...

jerry d

Reaction score
Why not spend 15 - 20 bucks for a good calling tape/CD and learn to "cluck".

Seems you have the other 90% covered since you're turning them and bringing them near you.

Just a thought.

Have fun....

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom