MAN.............I'M DEAD!!!!!!

davered1

Reaction score
OH MAN,

just got our floors redone in lino yesterday to the tune of $1200. Wife took of for work at 3:45. 4:10 I smell something burning , look down and see MY SOLDER IRON BURNING A HOLE THROUGH THE LINO.Wife gets home:flameout: at 9:30 but guys can't fix it till morning.

MAN I'M DEAD.......................:laser-shoot:

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
I knew that little wax doll would work.   Only kidding, just gealous for all your critters.

Can you spill something on it or rearrange the furnature or something like that.   What about taking a piece of the scrap and shinning off the design and use double stick tape.  Might get you buy till morning.

woodseye

Reaction score
Hmmmmmm......this is where you find out how understanding your wife is. hey Davered how goes it? I mean other than right now with burns in the floor and all:frown-blue:At least it will repair easy now with it being new and unfaded,she will no doubt appreciate that.Hey-it could be the sixties and it could have been shag rug and caught fire! Theres a bright side Huh?

woods

u turned em

Reaction score
Davered1,

Man....I bet your going to be on restriction for a long time!  Thanks for all of your suggestions and it was nice to get aquainted!  I think it's time for you to come up with some real "McGyver" ingenuity real fast!  Maybe some of the other posters can come up with some fast ideas.  Meanwhile, start thinking about buying her some expensive jewelry......maybe it'll change her focus and soften her reaponse!  Good luck!

SouthernStyle

Reaction score
Let us know where to send the flowers!  :)  No deer hunting for daverd1 this year.

thehairlessone

Reaction score
sounds like you need to make a quick candle lit dinner and then romance her for the rest of the eve. If she finds out she wont be as mad and there is a chance you might disctract her till they can fix it.

rick

bat

Reaction score
dave dave dave how many times have we got to tell you....... hehe!  boy are you in trouble lol.  Ok you can fix it if you have an extra matched piece of the lino.  That is if it has a pattern to it.  Cut a piece that exactly matches the pattern and trim the underside in at a bevel just a little, hold this piece firmly in place over the damaged pattern and use your tile knife and very gently score the damaged pattern then cut it out and replace with the new piece, should match up pretty darn good.  Other things you can do is quickly burn patterns all over the rest of the lino to match that burn...she probably want know the difference hehe, or if all that fails...blame it on the lino layer, darn that so and so laying a blemish piece of lino down like that...... But before it comes to this :boxing:  Here is a great :idea-blue: lay something over it and tell her that it wouldn't be a bad :idea-blue: for you to invest in that new mat to go under your table to keep from burning a hole in the lino...you know the color you want...the one that has burnt marks on it hehe.  bat

bigbucks

Reaction score
         Bummer. Thought that stuff only happened to me. I also have a small burn in my linoleum from a solder drip. But my floor is old so I don't care. Don't have any advice for ya davered that hasn't already been posted. Man I'm really gonna miss you're pics.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I'd be gettin' those light bulbs out of the fixtures real fast,  been nice knowin' ya!

Tinhorn

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
Man im too late to tell him to run and dont look back,he is probably dead by now:frown-blue: sorry to here your in trouble Davered

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
<removes hat and places it over heart>

He was a swell feller.

<puts hat back on>

K, when's the estate sale???

LW

Reaction score
Gee, too bad Dave,..... can I have your cameras?

Cabin Fever Bob

Reaction score
Look at the bright side Dave. Now you won't have to walk so far back into the mountains to check your cams, 'cause you'll be "living" out there with the bears and goats!

If you survive, let us know how you did it as we may find ourselves in the same situation sometime.... I suspect Bat has already "Been there, done that" by the sounds of his lino patching tactics!

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Sorry Dave, it was good knowing you. I hope you have a big dog house. My wife asked me once ,Why are you building that stupid dog a two story dog house? My reply, So I'll have a nice place to stay when I mess up or do something wrong.HeHe. Good luck my friend. Do you have a nice throw rug?

quackmaster

Reaction score
I really am going to miss all of his pretty pictures of the mountain goats and beutiful backdrops.
Maybe we can tie this untimely demise in with the  ELVIS  vigil weekend. Wow, I will never forget now. Can anyone sing? We could change the lyrics up to "The Day the Music Died" ugh um er "bye.. bye miss um er canadian pie.,, drove his chevy to the levy um er .....this will be the day the pictures died."  :guillotine: :hanged: :angel-halo:

(Edited by quackmaster at 8:24 am on Aug. 16, 2002)

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
You are dead.  We will have a silent moment here for you.

Too bad its not hunting season yet you could disappear for a couple months and let things blow over.

shadow

Reaction score
Good LUCK!!!!  I had a claw hammer drop on my floor by the dishwasher and cracked a tile while the wife was gone, floor was less than two weeks old as we were remodeling the kitchen and I was working on the cabinets...I knew I had to think quickly or I'm dead meet.  I quickly loaded the dishwasher up with pots and pans and washed them.  Waited for just the right moment for the wife to walk in...and WHAM a large skillet hit the floor and poof cracked the tile my wife was so understanding since she drops pots and pans all time.  She called the tiler and had him come replace it.

Top Bottom