MAN THURSDAY REPORT 12-18-08

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
FED THE CONDOR THIS MORNING
I HOPE HE DIES A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH AFTER CHOKING ON MY MANDATED HARD COPPER,THAT IS LODGED IN A MONSTER BOARS HEART AND LUNG AREA
PROBABLY
WONT THOUGH AS IM SURE IT ZIPPED ON THRU AND HIT GROUND AFTER CAUSING NO SIGNIFICANT TRAUMA,HEY,AT LEAST
IT DID WHAT ITS DESIGNED TO DO... &^%$ BARNES BULLETS!! AND THE HORSE THEY ROAD IN ON

**IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE OF THE GRANOLA MENTALITY,APPOLOGIES FOR PUTTIN THE HATE ON YOUR BIRD** [not really]

Attachments

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Hey Matt.. tell us how you really feel!

That's definitely a bummer. Hope you locate the carcass on your next trip... maybe do a little post-mortem to see what happened. Looks like you used the .325?

83Yota

Reaction score
Want to see picture of the dead condor, and the horse he was riding also..

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
phil, that is a pic of a spent casing of the .325,only pic i have of a spent one,i actually shot the 06"this morning,after i have
a few refreshments i,ll give you the full story,lets just say he did the hit the ground,shoulder role get back up and score
to the brush line and after 2hrs of tunnel ratting with the glock 20, i gave into defeat, i dont like to loose bro...

Valley Hunter

Reaction score
Not liking what I have been reading about these non-lead bullets, haven't had the chance yet to give it a try but going back to Camp Roberts Sunday and this time no bow bringing the .270 I could only find Federal Vital Shock copper bullets and I suppose these puppies fly different then the lead so to the range tomorrow to sight in..

barel74

Reaction score
My Federals fly the same as my Accubonds, and have dropped everything they've hit. They just don't leave a big exit hole. I've only had one pig run more than 50yds, before I hit him again, others have dropped on the spot..... but no blood.

CATManReid

Reaction score
Amen, do tell. Anxious to hear more bad news on the bullets.

On a lighter note, they do work well on cats!

weekender21

Reaction score
Sorry about that hog, those big boars can soak it up sometimes!!

Valley Hunter, no need to worry. I was using 140 gr Barnes TSX (triple shock x-bullet's) in my .270WSM a few years before you had to. They are great pig medicine. I can't speak for any of the other copper bullets out there but I've witnessed the demise of quite a few hogs killed with the triple shocks. I was hand loading mine but I think they are available already made now. This porker was the biggest one I killed with the 140gr TSX.

Attachments

m hunter

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Valley Hunter @ Dec 18 2008, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not liking what I have been reading about these non-lead bullets, haven't had the chance yet to give it a try but going back to Camp Roberts Sunday and this time no bow bringing the .270 I could only find Federal Vital Shock copper bullets and I suppose these puppies fly different then the lead so to the range tomorrow to sight in..[/b]
I would reccomend the tipped tsx for the .270 dont know if you already seen the damage but anyways yesterday I had the range officer amazed, hitting around and on the money mark the size of a pill at 100 yards.

dp1077

JHO Team Member
Reaction score
Hath,sorry to hear about that,but at least the MAN THURSDAY is still working out for you.

Rampage1

Reaction score
Man, that sucks! Hopefully you'll still be able to find him.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Not liking what I have been reading about these non-lead bullets, haven't had the chance yet to give it a try but going back to Camp Roberts Sunday and this time no bow bringing the .270 I could only find Federal Vital Shock copper bullets and I suppose these puppies fly different then the lead so to the range tomorrow to sight in..[/b]
You should be fine. I have very good results with the barnes products. Everytime I've done my job, these bullets have done theirs. I shoot the 180gr tsx out of my 06 and all have been one shot kills on everthing from small pigs to cow elk. I have had complete pass throughs with good expansion, the only exception was the elk I shot. She dropped in her tracks but the bullet was lodged just behind the hide. Here is a pic of the bullet, the other two are 250gr barnes hollow pts from my muzzleloader. They came out of a buck I killed a few weeks ago. I had to shoot twice because the first round just spined him. There is no miracle round, you got shoot what works best for you, but of course you can't do that now thanks to that damn law!

Attachments

MJB

Banned
Reaction score
That sucks!!!!!

I sure hope the SHOT show has something better but I doubt it.

If you don't hit major bones they suck!

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MJB @ Dec 19 2008, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That sucks!!!!!

I sure hope the SHOT show has something better but I doubt it.

If you don't hit major bones they suck![/b]
AFFIRMITIVE, WE SHOOT AN AVERAGE OF "10 "HOGS A MONTH OF THE PROPERTYS,THE LOSS TO FOUND RATIO
AINT GETTING ANY BETTER WITH THE HARD PILL{COPPER}IN FACT,ITS TERRIBLE , DAMN SHAME

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
IM ACTUALLY THINKING OF EMPLOYING A HOUND OR TWO FOR RECOVERYS
IV'E HAD IT WITH TUNNEL RATTING WITH THE G-20, TO MANY FACE TO FACE ENCOUNTERS
,AND TO MANY HUNTS LEFT WITH THE KIDS

bigworm

Reaction score
Hatchet, I would pass on the hound. Get you a cur dog instead. They listen a lot better. Heck even on the slow days, they can find you one bedded down. They don't mind copper either. Too bad you could not recover, I'm sure it was a good one!

MJB

Banned
Reaction score
My Jag will have pups early spring. She is a great house dog good with other dogs and loves people. She listens well and can get in the pig tunnels at 20 lbs. and 15'' tall. Not to mention her nose is one of the best around.
She has tracked 2 Yotes that left vertially no blood from my archery shot.

Top Bottom