Many Thanks

Stever

Reaction score
Well, I finally have a camera that works! PIR mini and canon af-7s
I am so excited I can't wait to check for pictures. I am going to put it on my favourite runway in an hour.
I am not an electronics guy and without you folks I would never have tackled this project. Now maybe timers etc. Many Many thanks.
Oh wife says it would have been cheaper to just buy a cam tracker. But hey I have enough stuff except cameras to build three more. Now whos laughin?

StringShooter

Reaction score
I hope you have lots of fun with them. They are a great tool & toy when the season is over. It is kind of like deer hunting all year long!

Stever

Reaction score
That is exactly why I got into this. Year round. Also if you  want to see the deer 10 months of the year and keep your job you better have a set of eyes in the woods. If taking pictures is 10% as much fun as building it I would be happy.

Possum

Reaction score
SOUNDS GREAT!  Guess what?  Taking the pics is just as fun as building it.  I have gone from deer hunting to picture hunting.  I go now and can't wait to get the pics to Wal Mart- to heck with the hunting.  No, it's not that bad but it's close.

Stever

Reaction score
Possum I agree,
Here is what happenned, fri night set up could barely sleep it was like my first openning morning. Went to check camera 6 a.m. - 5 pictures wow what is on it.
had them developed 2 picts blury top left in flash wash out of raccoons, one skunk tail, no deer, one pict with nothing on it. Next night sat moved camera to 3 ft deer scrape and walked away. It became very very foggy and a heavy dew as well as frost in the am. Went to check more patience at 8:30 a.m. I had 9 pict. One hour develop showed 6 picts of one eye on each and I can't make out the rest. I now have a flash extender built to beat wash out. and I reduced the mini PIR sensor to just center 1/2 inch. Duct tape. also I made a deal with the photo place that they will only charge me developing when photos are worth looking at re: good pict. I still pay for film (only 12's until I get this worked out.) Oh don't get fooled that all Canon AF7s cameras have date and time it has to say af7s date. So off I go to get another camera and build another. It really is hard to work when I have this on my mind.
Saga continues....

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
no matter how bad i want to develop my film i wait till all are used and self rewound.
 But it it very hard to do!!!!

Stever

Reaction score
tell me about it.........
Another roll of twelve this time I tried to fix white out in top left. All but 1/2" fixed.(small hole passing light). Anyway 2 pictures of nothing. Don't know why but I am going to set it and leave it until it is finished! (at least I will try)

Top Bottom