Map of where I can hunt in A31????

Nickrp

So i have an A31 tag this year and trying to get my hands on info on where i can and cant bow hunt in A31. Called rangers and DFG no real responses. I have seen that old map that shows no hunting around crystal lake or east fork but that's about it. And also saw some guys Sunday on GMR looking like they were getting arrested or sited for hunting the front range there (which i thought you could bow hunt??). Anyone have a good resource, trying to find some of the legal areas to hunt but want to make sure I am legal before i wast my time... Suggestions welcome!!!

SoCalB3AST

I also have a A31 Tag, ive been going to sawmill seen a 2x2 on opening day of gun season but he stayed away about 80 yards i tried to get closer to 60 for a shot i felt comfortable with but he bolted,

I usually hunt Boquet Canyon, San Fransquito, Sawmill, i dont go to wrightwood area to many people, only place i would think of is balden powell mtn, alot of deer.

OPAH

You come here and ask for help, people have taken of their time to assist you and you do not reply.
I really shouldn't do this but here you go
https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Hunting "Places to hunt"
Check any area BLM, CDFW, USFS, lands, even specific for upland game bird it will tell you Your welcome

Last edited:

Nickrp

Hey all thanks for the responses that all really helps!! And really appreciate the suggestions for hunt areas, that was way more than i was looking for I was more just looking for a map that shows areas where hunting was legal or illegal, but suggestions were even better!! And sorry for the late reply here hard to get to the site anytime other than my lunch breaks during the week. And sorry for the late reply here it is hard to get to the site anytime other than my lunch breaks during the week.

TheGDog

On the Forums... search for FireArms Closure Map. I personally posted-up a scanned copy of the FireArms Closure Map of the San Gabriels.

TheGDog

For A31... you might want to try Up by the Mt. Wilson Observatory. Park on the turnout on the East side of circle road at the top. Ran into 3 does around there just like 2 weeks ago. One was way dumb to. Just standing there like 25 yds away for a long time not moving. I think that dumb one stays near the road too. I'm pretty sure she is the one I met last year in the same area near the beginning of the Rim Trail. Last year I jumped her from her bed at the base of an Oak like 10 yds from me. She only trotted away not very far, then stopped and turned. Firearms are prohibited up there. And people just go there to hike the Rim Trail (which has a sh!t-ton of acorns on it at many spots right now). FYI, last year in that area I saw the biggest bear footprints I've ever seen before.

Nickrp

Thanks Gdog! was actually thinking about heading up that way this weekend (as long as i dont get stuck working all weekend i did like this last weekend). Appreciate the tip!!

Nickrp

No :( ran out of time last weekend unfortunately, my garage project took longer than expected as always....

Top Bottom