Maptech Terrain Navigator

Ivanhoe

Reaction score
Its getting to be time for me to invest in some topo software. Right now, the two uses I have for topo software are to interactively zoom around the region of interest looking at topography and watersheds, and to print out USGS-like topo maps at the standard scales (both large and small). I could care less about the snazzier features liek elevation profiles, Looking at the various reviews, it sounds like the Maptech system produces the best printout maps, though its a bit pricy.

Any caveats or concerns I should know about?

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
I played around with Delorme's 3-D Topoquad.  It's pretty nice but you have to spend a couple bills.

Todd

Topclamdigger

Reaction score
 I've been using Terrain Navigator for the past two years. Maptech provides free updated downloads from their website that make the software even better. The map detail is similar to the USGS 7.5 min Quads (1:24,000). You can select larger or smaller scale if you choose. There are excellent tools to customize maps and manage data. The software is compatible with many types of GPS receivers.  I've seen some DeLorme map prints and it is a different quality than Maptech.  Samples are available on the Maptech.com site. No complaints or regrets from me.  

Top Bottom