Marina Del Rey Seabass

Fubar

Reaction score
The White Seabass are biting off Marina Del Rey for private boaters. Many Seabass were landed today. Alot of fishermen were practicing catch an release as the limit is still one  White Seabass. There is live squid available for bait at one of the bait docks inside the Harbor. Many fish were just being caught on plain heavy white jigs. The sportboats didnt get as many as the private boats because the bite only lasted an hour and some of them got there too late. The yellowtail were really biting for the overnight boats out of San Diego with a little bit of Albacore mixed in. Looks like they are catching fish all up and down the coast. If you go out give me a report.         Thanx    Fubar

(Edited by Fubar at 11:27 pm on May 26, 2001)

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just a little FYI, the six-pak boat that I work on is chartered 2-3 times a year from a few of the folks at the Carlsbad Seabass Hatchery.  Well during one of the past trips the conversation got brought up about releasing seabass and it went like this.  Seabass being released should not be touched or netted and seabass caught deeper than 60 ft rarely survive.  So becareful guys and take care of the seabas as they are just starting to really come back, good luck!

BigDog

Reaction score
Hey Kid Creole, where is your boat out of?

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
Bigdog,

I work on the "Tonnage" at Pierpoint landing in Long Beach.

BigDog

Reaction score
Man, you guys keep talking about the albacore coming in. Your making me start scheming on how to get down there for a fishing trip.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom