Master Lock Python Adjustable Locking Cable

Cabin Fever Bob

Reaction score
I was just at a home improvement/hardware store looking at their locks, chains, and cables to decide how I wanted to secure my cam unit to trees. The cable locks weren't adjustable and I knew that it would be important for using different sized trees. Then I thought about a chain because it could be adjusted but the downside to that was it's weight, bulk, and noise "clanging" together.

Then I noticed a new product that they just got in and had on display. It's a Master Lock Python Adjustable Locking Cable. It looks PERFECT for securing cams to various sized trees as it's fully adjustable! The cable is 6' x 3/8", flexible, claims to be cut resistant, and is black vinyl coated. The lock is heavy duty and rust resistant. They have a lifetime guarantee on the system also. Here's more info if anyone is interested. http://masterlock.com/promos/python/8413python_lock.shtml

The Python was $19.99 at the store where I noticed them but this place is usually a little higher than other places. I did a quick search and found these locks listed up to ~$33 at other places, so I guess I'll go back tomorrow and pick up a couple of them.

JoelM

Reaction score
Cabin Fever Bob

I have a store unit (nonTypical camera). It has the same kind of cable on it just no lock.
They have one end crimped and a thumb screw on the other end to adjust the length.
you put the end that is crimped through a hole in the back of the housing then around the tree and through a hole back into the housing then place the thumb screw on it and snug it up and tighten the thumb screw. Then feed the excess cable out a second hole in the housing just below the one you just came through.  It works pretty good. If someone wanted it bad enough they could get it but they would probably destroy the housing first.

Just a thought.

Joel

Archilochus

Reaction score
Thanks for the link CFB!!  Have to have my local hardware store order a few..

Archilochus

Top Bottom