Master PIR Control Chip

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
I finally got a decent spec sheet on the chip that is used on the Amazon PIR board.
I do not have a RS pir to compare it to, but it seems to have some ofthe same features.
Tinhorn, your "DA RS PIR MAN" what do you think of this chip. Arch, Brian, anyone else? Might be useful if it can be purchased seperately.
Hereis a link to the spec sheet, it's pretty informative.
spec sheet

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi shrtcirkt,
That's a nice lookin' chip.  The only possible drawbacks are the fact that no access is provided to the op-amp sections and the power consumption is a bit steep at 300uA.

This chip is similar to some LSI/CSI PIR control chips that I got some samples of (LS6501xx & LS6511xx).
Their web site is :
http://www.lsicsi.com/Welcome.htm
These chips provide access to the op-amps and power consumption is a bit lower.  I think the price was around 1.50US$ in 100 piece quantities.  They are generous with samples though

Archilochus

Tinhorn

Reaction score
It does look pretty good, even has a Daylight sensor that sounds like it could work, unlike the MS20

It's not the same chip as the RS PIR, which has 24 pins but does sound similiar.  It should be pretty stable because it does so much internally.

BTW,  the reason shrtcirkt can't look at a RS PIR is he gave all he had to me! ! !  You guys can thank my report on the RS directly to Shrtcirkt's generosity....   (which is why I noted "Thanx to Shrtcirkt" in the 1st few lines of my RS post)

Tinhorn

Top Bottom