Mathews Conquest 2 Tuning Question

Rotorhead

Reaction score
Here's a question for you Mathews experts.

I wasn't in the market for another bow, but I have located a nice used Conquest 2 bow for a fair price, so why not?

Anyway, it is a 27" draw bow. That's a bit short for me so I was wondering how much draw length adjustment I could expect to be able to make? I understand there are a couple different cams that it may have come with, but all I can tell from the picture is that it is a "solo-cam". Not sure of that's enough info or not.

I plan to go look at the bow tomorrow (Monday) so I'll try to get a better idea of the specific cam.

Thanks for the help!

Oregon Archer

Reaction score
as far as the draw length adjustments go it depends on what cam it has on it. the max cam has two different draw length posts on them giving you a 1/2" difference. If that isnt enough you will have to change out the cam.

Rotorhead

Reaction score
How difficult is it to find a "longer draw" cam for the Conquest 2?

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
What draw are you? If you are 28-30, and especially 29 you will find about any cam for any bow that was made.

That is a great bow, one I would hunt with any day of the week. They don't get much smoother than that bow. It, the Q2XL, and the LX are three of the top bows Mathews ever made!

Oregon Archer

Reaction score
Luckily with Mathews you can still get brand new parts for their older bows. Cost is usually around 80-90 bucks for a brand new cam. If you don't want to buy it brand new you can probably find someone on AT or on EBay that will be willing to part ways with one.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Bearclaw, blasphemy that you did not include the Switchback in your list.

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
Never shot the Switchy enough to say, but I don't know anyone that shoots one that can hit what they aim at!

Just funnin ya, I figured I'd hear from you about that list.

Rotorhead

Reaction score
Great info, thanks for the replies guys. The asking price is $350 outfitted with a Spot Hogg sight, quiver, hard case, stabilizer, etc. so it sounds like a good price and I need to go look at it.

Now that I know I can change out the cam I'll not worry so much about the draw length.

Thanks again.

Rotorhead

Reaction score
I just went and looked at it. Beautiful bow and a great price BUT.........Its a lefty! DOOHH! :smiley_doh:

I was disappointed. I would have bought it in a heartbeat had it not been wrong-handed.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom