Matte or Glossy Pics?

gizz

Reaction score
I've always gotten matte finish pics but wondered how the glossy's look. For those that have done both which one gives more detail or do you think they're about the same?

(Edited by gizz at 6:43 pm on Aug. 30, 2001)

robNhood

Reaction score
Gizz,
I go with the glossy. I just think it brings out the details better.

I bet Jesse would know the answer to this one.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I always got Matte because somebody, I think Jesse, said it scans better

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I read on a scanning website matte was better. Last week I read on a photo website to scan only glossy pics. Heck I don't know now. Scan both I guess and make your own decision. ?????

Buckoholic

Reaction score
Jesse you are right again!

I am a teacher of computer graphics at a local high school. I agree with both sides of the issue. Glossy prints do provide a sharper image when scanned. Most photo scanning software (especially Adobe Photoshop) will try to soften the texture of a matte finish scan. It will make your images appear to be slightly out of focus. The other side to this is that glossy prints will show fingerprints extremely bad so scan them as soon as you get them before your friends get their fingers on the prints. Fingerprints can create color shifts in the scan and can also create unwanted hot spots on the scan.

bowbender

Reaction score
I AGREE WITH JESSE, IVE TRIED BOTH AND MATTE SEEMS TO SCAN ALOT BETTER!BESIDES THAT ,AFTER MY TWO BOYS GET DONE PAWING THE DEER PICS,MATTE LEAVES VERY LITTLE ,IF ANY FINGER PRINTS!

Top Bottom