• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Mc Avoys sturgeon derby

norcaljc

I know the sturgeon forum doesn't see much action here at Jesse's but just wanted to see if there are any members here planning to fish this weekend's Derby? I'll be out all weekend mostly in Montezuma or Suisun slough. If anyone's in the area feel free to give me a call on channel 68 and I'll let you know if we are seeing any action. Radio handle is "Norcaljc". Good luck to anyone that's entered. I hear they are expecting upwards of 1000 entrants and top prize near $8,000 each day!

Mel Carter

Good luck, let me know how you did. I have been wanting to get out there with my buddy but we just can't put it together, always busy.

norcaljc

View attachment 84494
Boat was skunked, but as always a bad day fishing is better than a good day working. We hit our usual spots with no action and also tried to mark fish in other locations. My buddy Tim just installed a new graph and it didn't seem to be working properly so we fished blind. Weather was beautiful on Saturday. The cold hit around 3 am Sunday morning and a heavy fog that didn't lift until 11:00 made navigation near impossible with the issues with the new electronics. The fishery has been hit hard with derbies on consecutive weekends. I'm going to hit the water again in a couple of weeks.

Top Bottom