McCarthy wants to stop CA CCW's

Common Sense

Reaction score
Due to the ninth circus court's ruling that you can be forced to show a good reason to have a CCW, Senator McCarthy introduced a terrible bill today. His bill would have state standards for a "good reason". Many rural sheriffs think personal protection is a good reason, not McCarthy. He also wants to increase the fee to obtain a CCW and make them easier to revoke.

KTKT70

Reaction score
That's not smart. He is from Bakersfield and our sheriff gives more CCW than any other county in California... I will be watching local news to see what is being said that if anything. Kind of a dumb move for a republican. Good old country boys love guns. Lol

KTKT70

Reaction score
From inter web: http://www.ontheissues.org/CA/Kevin_McCarthy_Gun_Control.htm

Preserve Second Amendment rights
Assembly Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy will be presented with the California Rifle and Pistol Association’s Outstanding
Legislator Award during the group’s 130th anniversary banquet on Saturday in Irvine. McCarthy said. “My son and I recently went hunting together, enjoying an activity that is truly part of our national heritage, and I will continue working to preserve the Second Amendment rights of all conscientious gun owners and sellers.”
Source: Campaign press release, “Rifle And Pistol Association” , Feb 17, 2006

Sad if he now has flipped sides.

Last edited:

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
They are just not going to stop! why mess with CCWs, you would think In their little minds they would figure out that Is a way to get more gun owners on the stupid lists. and then down the road the could revoke the CCWs and collect all the guns that will be illegal by then. No CCW for me!

KTKT70

Reaction score
opps, my bad

It was McCarty, not McCarthy. Sorry.
Much better. I was thinking kern county was going to have some real upset up set people. They will vote him right back out asap. They don't mess around with gun rights in kern. Thank you mr. Youngblood. Our sheriff rocks.

Top Bottom